Strange Request(funerals)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailman

Reaction score
I just recieved a request to do a full set on a corpse from a nearby funeral home. Should I? I will . How do I charge. Is this right? Ifell mixed. Any ideas? Hurry, They would like it done early afternoon

nailman said:
I just recieved a request to do a full set on a corpse from a nearby funeral home. Should I? I will . How do I charge. Is this right? Ifell mixed. Any ideas? Hurry, They would like it done early afternoon

Hi Nailman!

Yes, this is a strange request.... Hmmm-- I guess you would charge your normal set price. :?: You are using your products, spending your time... I would charge the normal set price especially if you are travelling there (I am sure you are!) and not charging a travel fee....

Although there won't be a need for rebalances :o You still have to take into account for your time and product cost.....

Good luck! (gee this is really a strange topic, huh? Sad too.. :sad: )

i'm so sorry and no offence meant but i felt my skin crawl when i read your post.... i began thinking of how you would do a set of nails on a corpse....will the hands and fingers bend to allow proper access?.....how long would it take for acrylic to set as the body is obviously going to be very cold?

i know the family obviously want their loved one to look their best and maybe the woman who died always had her nails done so that may be why they want her to have her nails done one last time....as i said no disrespect to the woman who died or her family but i know i couldnt do it and i'm sure many nail technicians will feel the same......saying that though, there are probably many nail techs who will, i think it just depends on the person and how they feel they could cope in a situation like that, and also as i mentioned if it is practical for to do a good job

let us know what you decide to do

stanleyann

Not for be hun- i'd be to worried after saying yes to the family not being able to go throught with it and causes bad feelings...but best of luck to ya..

What to charge, well charge for your time............... how ever much it is worth per hour........... including traveling there and back.................

Is it right..????..................well if the Family requested it and it has been a big part of the deceased's life, as in grooming and looking good, then yes it is right.......................

A friend of mine does "Make up artistry" on the recently passed and she enjoys it.....She said to me once, well if they are meeting the big guy, then they have to look their Sunday best.......

Would I do it, yes I would............... The dead are not to fear, they are not going to complain, they are not going to moan about farcical stuff...........
They have had their life , who knows what happend there, and deserve a last little treat..........
Hey maybe it's the Catholic in me......... I am used to death and all that goes with it.........including Grandad layed out in my Grandma's lounge........and all the family gathering and saying their last farewells..........

Now I don't knock anybody that says oh oh no , not for me......... thats fair enough..............this is a very personal choice..............
But good luck xxxx

HTH

Wouldnt the lack of circulation (ie non) and the clients body temperature make it hard to do a overlay of maybe L & P? :eek:

Louise bless ya ..............A nail trainer hand has no circulation either has it.....................
It will just take a little longer to adhere tips...............once the set if done, no disrespect, it has all the time in the world to fully polymerise..........
This Lady is not gonna use them in real life , these are to make her hands beautiful for her last trip xxx

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Louise bless ya ..............A nail trainer hand has no circulation either has it.....................
It will just take a little longer to adhere tips...............once the set if done, no disrespect, it has all the time in the world to fully polymerise..........
This Lady is not gonna use them in real life , these are to make her hands beautiful for her last trip xxx
I was thinking about using a fan to combat this but it might get a bit smelly :o - sorry I am being daft no - off to pub to shout me socks off for engerland..

Thanks all. It seems like the right thing to do.Maybe we could market this to the oyher funeral parlors around town.As was so eloquently put by Ruth, I shall make her hands beautiful for her last journey.

I would not object to doing them. But who's going to see them?
If it just for when relative view the body, Surely stick ons would be easier.

Wow!
Just got back & this was the first post I read, I feel a mixture of creepiness & 'what a wonderful thing to do'.
Let us know how it goes for you!

I agree with ruth i know plenty of people who have had make-up and hair done whilst being layed to rest why not nails like ruth also i have been brought up that if a family member dies they lay to rest at home till funeral can b bit scary but the dead are no-one to fear also i would charge what u normally charge for set of nails good luck let us all no how it went

hi i think if you can cope doing it then why not, it doesnt really bother me seeing deceased people its the coffins i hate, i know when both my mum and my brother died they looked so at peace it was just like they were asleep, and as we brought mum home the night before the funeral we did her hair how she liked it (they had done it at the chapel but not how she really wore it) so i think it is important for the family and friends to see them how they would normally look, good luck and let us know how you got on

go for it, charge normal prices, good luck!!

Wow, not something i have ever thought about. I have to say i agree with Ruth that its great to make someone look their best when on their way to meet the big "G".

But i have to say i really don't know if i could handle it myself, never experienced seeing anyone passed on before so don't honestly know how i'd feel. My other half being a traffic cop has seen some horrendous sights before and sometimes has had to identify someone whose been in an accident on behalf of the family, i don't know how he copes with it personally.

I think you have to be a certain person to deal with it, so if you are go for iti say, i would love to do that for someone in their final journey if i could, please let us know how you got on.

i would have thought a manicure would be an easier option? ...i'm not sure how i would feel about it (its one of those things you dont know until you are in that situation i guess) but i think i would say yes as it would please the family.

VERY SOLEMN EXPERIENCE DOING NAILS FOR THE DECEASED.GLAD ITS OVER.MATHED THE COLOR BEAUTIFULLY.ONLY NEEDED A FILL.DONT KNOW IF I'LL EVER DO IT AGAIN. BUT IM SURE THE FAMILY WAS HAPPY TO SEE MOMS NAILS THE WAY THEY HAD ALWAYA BEEN. THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE SUGGESTIONS,AND SUPPORT.

NAILMAN
MARVIN BAYLESS
NAILTRIPS MOBILE SALON
HTTP://NAILTRIPS.COM

hey hun at least you did it and know its not the sort of thing you would like to do again, good on ya for at least trying it once, i bet the lady looked lovely , you should be very proud of yourself ,

nailman said:
VERY SOLEMN EXPERIENCE DOING NAILS FOR THE DECEASED.GLAD ITS OVER.MATHED THE COLOR BEAUTIFULLY.ONLY NEEDED A FILL.DONT KNOW IF I'LL EVER DO IT AGAIN. BUT IM SURE THE FAMILY WAS HAPPY TO SEE MOMS NAILS THE WAY THEY HAD ALWAYA BEEN. THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE SUGGESTIONS,AND SUPPORT.

NAILMAN
MARVIN BAYLESS
NAILTRIPS MOBILE SALON
HTTP://NAILTRIPS.COM

Marvin, you are a star person!! Brave and dignified. Well done you.

Marvin doesn't it feel good to make a difference in life and in death xxxx
The family will remember Mom as she was, beautiful and well groomed........
Huggs Ruth xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back