Strange request I have about lifting,but here goes nothing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj1

Reaction score
I do not do many enhancements at all in my business, however I do have a bit of a call for them lately.

I would love to see a nail that has lifted, and then a nail after filing before a fill.

The thing is I think I am applying too thin at the cuticle,(so thin that I can flake it off with my nail at the cuticle) no lifting when they come in for a fill but once I get filing I see lift. I do try to file behind the lift so I don't chase it down the nail.

If there is lift there, like I mean a smidget of lift and you apply product, is that screaming a greenie to you techs?

I do use prep spray or alcohol to spray the nails before I top gloss it so that I don't see the fill lines and that helps some but would love to see if I am filing too much to cause this lifting.

Thanks everyone
icon_smile.gif

If you use a product like a protien bonder I don't think you should have a problem with fill lines. And no, it doesn't scream Greenie! Not to me anyway.

I use Amore gel and I use Affixit, is this similiar to the protein bond?

Affixit is exactly what I use. It will go under the tiny lifted bits and help them to adhere to the nail.

I do not do many enhancements at all in my business, however I do have a bit of a call for them lately.

I would love to see a nail that has lifted, and then a nail after filing before a fill.

The thing is I think I am applying too thin at the cuticle,(so thin that I can flake it off with my nail at the cuticle) no lifting when they come in for a fill but once I get filing I see lift. I do try to file behind the lift so I don't chase it down the nail.

If there is lift there, like I mean a smidget of lift and you apply product, is that screaming a greenie to you techs?

I do use prep spray or alcohol to spray the nails before I top gloss it so that I don't see the fill lines and that helps some but would love to see if I am filing too much to cause this lifting.

Thanks everyone
icon_smile.gif

hi ya,
imo...if you have lifting on your nail you should file it off as i was told ,lifting will cause a greenie,,,maybe not straight away but it will.
if you have no lifting on clients then thats a good thing!!!! why are you flaking the lifting off with your nail huni?...your nails should not touch your clients as your nails have oil on them and this will transfer to clients,then all your prep that you done is poo!!!....hth xxx

hehe
No I am not touching their nails with mine. I have no lifting when they come back, that is until I start filing the nails.

hehe
I have no lifting when they come back, that is until I start filing the nails.

The abrasive (file) you are using may be too coarse. hence ripping and tearing at the product (which seems like it may be just hanging in there anyways) In a previous post of yours, you mentioned geting red lines on the natural nail (this is from buffing the nail, not the product). Your prep is very important (no skipping corners).

Any product "affix-it", "bollocks-it", or "whatever-it", is a short term lazy and cheating solution, which will lead to weaker nails , service breakdown and very possibly greenies.

Sometimes a refresher course will set you back on the right track. It's very easy to pick up bad habits.

i was just going to say what nailzoo has!!!! maybe your using to harsh a file for a rebalance/infill hun? well done for not touching there nails with yours x

Any product "affix-it", "bollocks-it", or "whatever-it"

Did you know that inhaling coffee if very bad for your health:irked::eek:
:lol:bad man:lol:

are you using gel or acrylic?
Anyway, firstly it sounds as though you are filing a bit too roughly. If you have applied the product thinly at the cuticle you should only need to go over it lightly as you are not taking down too much bulk. So file gently making sure you are also removing any dead cuticle. When I do infills on my clients Im buffing the cuticle area mainly to remove dead skin not to take a bulk down as I havent applied it too thick there anyway. If you start to get lifting when you are filing, file away from the lift (as in towards the cuticle and not towards where the nail is thicker) and make sure you file down any bulk product AROUND the lifted bit so that the whole area is more flatter. If you are trying to remove the lifted bit without taking down the surrounding area you will push harder with your file, use it at more of an angle and therefore cause more lifting. Remember, file in the direction going away from the lifted bit.
Also... I do infills on gel nails that weren't mine so is a different gel to mine and I do see the same thing (crumbling, lifting of the product very easily) so I know this is down to the product and maybe the primer or bonder they use (or dont use). I use star nails gel with the brilliant IBD bonder (which I use with both acrylic and gel)

I do both gel and acrylic, however this is mostly a gel thing.

I think you're right I am very heavy handed. I think I am filing too roughly, a light motion would be all I need.

No one with any pics of lifting before a rebalance and a pic after a rebalance?

Latest posts

Back