Streaky tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bethany95

Reaction score
Hi
I have been spray tanning a few weeks and everyone has been happy apart from I have had one mysterious streaky tan!
I did the tan in the evening and the client slept in it and the colour guide was perfect when I left.
Does anyone know how this could have happened? It looks as though water has ran down. She has had a shower and washed her hair. Could it be conditioner? How can this be avoided or fixed next time? Xx

Attachments

• 20190602_102814.jpg
    20190602_102814.jpg
    532 KB · Views: 40
Peed in the shower maybe

Hahaaaa omg that is so funny and probably true!

It wouldn’t look like that unless the pee or shower was when the guide colour was on.
Unless she’s very sweaty, or got splashed when washing her hands. Once I got sprayed by someones windscreen washer as I was walking along freshly tanned! Couldn’t believe it my legs were a state like this.

Just say, prep & aftercare need to be followed a lot better next time, that she can exfoliate her leg and spray over that area if she presses you for a fix. No need for refunding though.

Just very aware that she’s got a load of potions in the photo haha. Like clearly done something to interfere with it.

what did she wear after the spray? Looks like it’s rubbed off? Or shaved?

She put a dressing gown on and went to bed naked later on x

I think it's likely to be something she has (or hasn't!) done, either before or after her tan if it looked fine when you sprayed her. Unfortunately we have no control over what our clients do prior and after their tans, but we can and should give them pre and aftercare advice and just hope they follow it!

Do you gou give your clients clear prep instructions before their tan so they know not to have any creams/lotions on their skins at all on the day of their tan, and to make sure anything they have applied, say the day before, has been removed?

It does look like she's got her legs wet before the tan has had a chance to develop. (I'd be pretty impressed if she managed to get pee on the outside of her leg though!) Also, certain products are more prone to strip tan. Head &Shoulders shampoo is often used to lift colour from hair a bit (I've dine this myself!), so somethungblikevthat possibly?

Clients often aren't totally honest when things like this happen as they are probably hoping you'll re-spray them for free! It's up to you if you want to offer a free leg spray as a gesture if good will, but I would nicely remind her of prep and aftercare! However, extra tan won't necessarily get rid of the streaks as that skin is much lighter.

Latest posts

Back