Street Doctor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmas

Reaction score
Did anyone see last nights Street Doctor?

It's where 4 doctors go around a different place every week and help people on the street with their medical problems.

There was a lady on there with bad cracked heels. One of the doctors got a banana peel and rubbed it on her feet and advised here to keep doing that.

Has anyone heard of this before or anything similar to that?

I have heard of using banana skin to help remove corns. It helps make it a ll pappy so the corn will jut come out.

No I have never heard of it, worth a try though I cant see it hurting anyone!!

I watched that last night and was sitting there saying that they ought to be referring them to people like us instead!!:lol:
Although I have heard before of using banana skins - something to do with the enzymes it contains.

yes i see her do this,she said banana skin has sooo much good stuff in it its brill.....never tried that before,if i have cracked heals i put vaseline on it it stops them splitting!!!!! i have also seen "how clean is your house" use banana skin to clean shoes and i must say they were shiney!!!!:green:

I never knew that. I will have to try it to see if it really does work!!!!

I can just imagine a clients face- getting a banana out and start rubbing the skin on their heals.

yes i see her do this,she said banana skin has sooo much good stuff in it its brill.....never tried that before,if i have cracked heals i put vaseline on it it stops them splitting!!!!! i have also seen "how clean is your house" use banana skin to clean shoes and i must say they were shiney!!!!:green:

Vaseline- Thats a good idea too.

thank you hun..... while ago when i was broke my heels were cracked BAD so i thought of using vaseline cos its soooo good for dry skin cos its greasy and stays greasy for ages.....used vaseline ever since have no cracks or dryness on my heels they are just smooth xx

When do you put the vaseline on?

If you do it in the morning does it leave them greasy all day or are they ok?- Or do you do it at night? If that makes sense!!!!

makes alot of sence!!!!! i put it on at night cos your feet would get greasy in day,and when its hot you would be slipping around in your flip flops!!!!!!! i have 2 pairs of slippers....1 for when i put vaseline on as they will make the slipper greasy 1 when i dont put it on.....i suppose you can wear bags over your feet to protect the slipper but i dont..hope that all helps hun......try it tonight xxx

I'm definatley going to try tonight. Thanks for that.

i suppose you can wear bags over your feet to protect the slipper -

You can get white cotton bed socks in Boots or Body Shop especially for putting creams on your feet. They are really cosy and don't make your feet too hot and they are lovely and soft in the morning! :) I use them - they are brill!

Hth's

I have to wear socks in bed (my feet are always cold!!!) I will find an old pair for now to put over the creams/ vaseline. I will have a look at Boots tomorrow.

Thank you

Latest posts

Back