strengtheners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dye2004

Reaction score
hi,
can anyone tell me which brand of nail strenghteners better to use?
the ones i have tryed i dont think alot to.
love dye :rolleyes:

Well I have had some fab results with Creative Toughen up..........
It has the ability to interweave with the keratin, therefore over a period of time, strengthens the nail from within.........A bit like a mesh that becomes one with the nail...............And no formaldehyde..........true strength without drying the nail out.........

love Ruth xxxxxxxxx

I think the "no formaldehyde" point is very important. Not only is it better for the client, you can use this as a very good reason as to why they should not get one from the local chemist.

If you are currently using a specific product line for all your work, it would make sense to keep within that to show the client that you are confident in the brand. How does that fit with the one you have problems with - and what is that by the way?

hi ella and all,
i have tried opi nail envy,supernails food and drink and nails inc brixston but after a while i feel they just stop working. i try them on myself as my nails flake or peel and bend and cant grow them as they peel away to nothing and i feel if i cant help my nails then what hope is there to help clients nails. teachers have told me in the past you have got it or you haven't and somedays i think i haven't. i sometime think i should just keep with doing the su-do airbrush tans but when thats gone whats left for me to do
love dye :oops:

I find that using a 3 way buffer on the free edge after filing helps to seal it from flaking. Could it be that you are using some effective products but not underpinning that with lifestyle changes?

dye said:
hi ella and all,
i have tried opi nail envy,supernails food and drink and nails inc brixston but after a while i feel they just stop working. i try them on myself as my nails flake or peel and bend and cant grow them as they peel away to nothing and i feel if i cant help my nails then what hope is there to help clients nails. teachers have told me in the past you have got it or you haven't and somedays i think i haven't. i sometime think i should just keep with doing the su-do airbrush tans but when thats gone whats left for me to do
love dye :oops:

Hi Dye

I have never had much luck with nail strenghteners or hardeners and so, when I'm not wearing enhancements, I simply keep my nails coated with either a light gel overlay or, most recently, simply a coat of Bond and Boost from the Fabric# system. It stops all the peeling and flaking dead! Whilst the majority of my clients do have enhancements, those who wanted natural nails but had these problems tried this alternative and made sure they nourished the cuticles and regrowth (as well as under the nail) with good cuticle oils and cream and managed to grow them out to a decent length without further problem. These are clients who just go through phases of having weak, splitting nails so it worked perfectly for them. If someone has a permanent problem with this, then they are ideal candidates for some nice overlays!

I also agree with Ella that "sealing" the nail with a three way buffer can help a great deal on the right nails. I have very thin, weak nails so this method has only helped for a brief period before I managed to catch and break the free edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back