Stress area/C Curve

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeetNailz

Reaction score
Hi
A bit confused here. I assume that the stress area is where the tip joins the nail and this is where the c curve should be located. That's fine on full well tips but what about the short wells (french tips etc) - if the c curve is built at the same stress point will the curve not be too low?

Julie

the stress area is the point across the nail where the tip is placed a lot of the time but not always, a lot of times the center of your smile line is on the stress area. the C curve is looking "down the barrel" at your nails you see a curve shaped like a C made by the free edge. I will see if I can hunt up some pics for ya
smilieturtle.gif

The stress area is the area where the natural nail takes most of the pressure put upon it. Want to find it?? Its in different places on different shaped nails.

Just press on the free edge and look at the area of the nail plate that turns white .... voila! The stres area for that individual. Make sure the deepest part of your overlay covers this area.

I didn't know that. Just been pressing on my free edges and it's really visible.
Jane

that's so cool advice .....................
I will remember that always now................press for stress...............
Brill as always
love Ruth xxxx

Press for Stress - you are so cute.

That'll have to go into my classes from now on!!

8)

thanks Everyon

I am much less confused now - makes sense that the stress area is not the tip but an individual thing (where did I leave my brain?)

Julie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back