Stress Line

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaydee

Reaction score
Hi All, hope you are doing well. I have been having a practise on my own hand with tip and overlay. I sized and pre taylored my tip and applied. Applied all my zones but just below my smile line is a white line all across the nail. I know it is not down to blending or frosting, could it be that I applied the wrong tip for my nail or could I have been working to wet which would have caused shrinkage and in turn caused onycholosis. You would laugh if you saw me sat here at work with my pink and whites as I am a 6ft 4 man. Looking forward to your replies.
David

that made me laff jaydee(6'4 man with nails on) i might be wrong here but it wouldnt be ghosting would it or maybe shadows, or even tips not blended in enough - i might be totally wrong here but its a suggestion anyway.

ps thanks for making me laff

can't answer your prob, but just can't get this vision of you (a 6'4" man) doing nails on yourself lol! Brought a smile to my face!

I think there was a thread about this a little while ago, and they put it down to the glue squidging (for want of a better word) out from the tip. It doesn't seem to show up white until you put the overlay on.

Does that sound possible?

Glad I made you smile, no its definitley not ghosting or shadowing, I think I may have got the ratio a little too wet as it feels a bit tight. Just to make you smile a little more they have got gems encapsulated in them.

David

Come on David, you've got to post a pic!!!!

No - David! You are just too much - you must post a piccie!
Jaydee said:
Glad I made you smile, no its definitley not ghosting or shadowing, I think I may have got the ratio a little too wet as it feels a bit tight. Just to make you smile a little more they have got gems encapsulated in them.

David

nails@42ndstreet said:
Come on David, you've got to post a pic!!!!
ill second that - have you got hairy knuckles too:eek:

Jaydee said:

David
Hi David, this is definitely pressure against your own nail because you are a fella and they are not used to being squeezed into a different position. NOT onycholysis ... kindof like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Not to worry. xx

Please, please a piccie!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

All of a sudden I have a mental picture of the monty python crew doing the lumberjack song!!! I'm really sorry but it my humour!!!!!!!!!!
Please post a piccy!!!

Debz xxx

could it be 'temporary onycholysis'??? i.e will disappear soon with the use of solar oil?.... just thinking of a thread i read a while back by the geek

Hi Jaydee,

great picture i have with a 6' ft 4" man with gem encapsulated nails on. I would love to see the pics of these.

I think the line could be caused by the tips being slightly tight as in the wrong shape for your nails. As Geeg said they aren't used to being put into a different shape. Perhaps sculpts would be better, but then you would need somone eklse to apply them for you.

Hi All, sorry dont have the facility to post pics but If you are going to Excel, I shall see you there to show you all. You wont miss me, I will be the only man there glittering. Lol

David

Jaydee this is soooo unkind. I'm not able to make Excel so I won't be able to see you OR your nails though the suspence is killing me.

Therefore I am ordering one of you Geeks out there to take some pics & post them on the board. Don't be shy David you're a talking point now you know!!!!!!!!! I do hope you will oblige.

Sonia

Latest posts

Back