Stress!! Opening new salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froggie

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
Is anyone else in the process of setting up their own salon??? I'm soo stressed, after waiting for months to get planning permission and building regs, wasted rent, funds going down quicker and quicker, annoying builders(friends of sis boyfriend) whish i'd got in a stanger now. Also friends hubby doing the electrics but I feel bad everytime I need to ask him something, he told me to ring him when the stud walls were up so I did and then says i should've give him more notice Aghrrrr!!!!!
Sorry about that little rant just wondered how other folks planning and setting up is going, would love to hear what it's been like for you opening your own salon.

Thanks love louise

nighmare....still waiting for my keys. it has been since end of may since we instructed our solicitor.....seems to be taking forever. Plus i am not working at the min :(

i hate using a friend of a friend when having anything done...i would rather pay a bit more and have someone that i don't know...always easier when it comes to something not being right.

best of luck...sure it will work out in the end. x

i know how you feel been in the process of buying a salon 16weeks now told at start 8 to 10 weeks max now we find out that she is leasing it on a month to month basis no good to us so we trying to sort that out god what a nigtmare and like you funds are running out quicker than they are comming in hope its worth it in the end

hi when we moved salons two years ago now it was a very stressfull time for both of us, because where we were before we were only renting a room we had to hand in one months notice which we did, when we saw the letting agent for our new salon he said the lease would only take about a week yea right:eek:

we had not banked on our solisitor speed and when we got to the last day of the month and still no contract signed that was pressure:irked: after numerous phone calls chasing and chasing we get told we can sign the contact the following monday! we had to be out by the previous saturday or pay another months rent:Scared: after lots and i do mean lots of grovelling we managed to get our new landlord to let us have the keys early:green:

once we had our keys we did all our moving from one salon to the other and then my loveable wife aka beautyguru went on a coach trip back home to her beloved France :eek: and left me and my poor old Father to Paint and decorate the salon all over the weekend ready for it to open the following wednesday.

anyway me and my Farther were both tottaly shattered by the wednesday but we did it and we opened on time and yes beautyguru had a lovely time swaning around France well i worked my fingers to the bone lol:green:

i think the moral of this story is yes setting up is very very stressfull but once its done you will love it, and perhaps one day you will be able to look back and laugh like i do now!

Yeah right:eek::eek::eek:

Ahhh thanks you lot, it's great to hear i'm not alone!........well not that great. it would be better if we all had it easy eh?? and thanks sportsguru I just had a right laugh at your reply, yes I'm sure we'll all look back and laugh (i hope).

Actually the friends hubby(electrician) has just text to say he's sorry if he was a little off with me before! Ha! Right better get off....just done 9 hours of massage now off to finish designing my pricelists till about midnight!...........do you ever think we're actually a bit mad for being in this beauty trade! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

No we're not mad:) Congrats on your new space, I'm in the process of opening my third salon and I would'nt change a thing about the process I went thru to get me here. It is'nt easy, you want to pull out your hair sometimes along with the contracters, and everyone envolved, but when it s all over you can look at it with pride. This industry is a great one and whether your a salon owner or operator do it with complete professionalism and you will never have anything to regret.:)

Latest posts

Back