Stress strip for Fabric#?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry chops

Reaction score
Just read thread on silk/fibreglass and was wondering whether you need to put stress strip when using Fabric#? Had a few clients which say didn't feel the were strong enough and they had mostly cracked on stress area. Also what's likely to cause hairline cracks when using this system?
Did have problems with major cracks but now just get hairline ones.
jp.

Hiya

Depends on the lifestyle the client has ..............I have a client that job involves a lot of moving boxes so yep I put stress strip on for extra strength.
I wear Fabric and I don’t need stress strip.
If you are getting surface cracks try using the boost thinner better to do a few coats of boost thinly rather than a thick coat if you know what I mean lol

Hope this helps.

Take care Dawnie

Hi there

I'm new to this site so be gentle with me :)

I use fabric not silk and definitely use a stress strip to give the extra strength to stop breakages.

I have my nails fibreglass/fabric all the time and never break them. To be honest I don't know how people manage to be so heavy on their nails but they do!! As far as cracks are concerned, I've not had that problem but maybe they're too brittle - try using less activator? Make sure the client is using cuticle oil daily to keep them supple?

Hope this helps.

Lol Carole xx

Hi...

Dawnie said:
Hiya

Depends on the lifestyle the client has ..............I have a client that job involves a lot of moving boxes so yep I put stress strip on for extra strength.
I wear Fabric and I don’t need stress strip.
If you are getting surface cracks try using the boost thinner better to do a few coats of boost thinly rather than a thick coat if you know what I mean lol

Hope this helps.

Take care Dawnie

Sorry but need to ask this...would it be better for the client to have acrylic or fabric if they are heavy on their hands?
I use acrylic but would also like to learn fabric too but not sure which clients to offer this service to?

Deni said:
Hi...

Sorry but need to ask this...would it be better for the client to have acrylic or fabric if they are heavy on their hands?
I use acrylic but would also like to learn fabric too but not sure which clients to offer this service to?

Good question - I have a client how regularly breaks here index fingers with Fabric even with stress strip - suggested Acrylic but shes not keen! I where fabric and have no problems and my nails are really long but I type all day where as shes is a child minder with sort nails?

I agree with Carol above ... I can't imagine what it is that clients manage to do to break these nails.

I rarely suffer from breakage and I use the Fabric# system with silk on my nails all the time and no stress strip.

By the way, Fabric# (hence why I always use the logo) is NOT a generic term for wraps, but is a system in its own right called Fabric#!!

Hi all have never used fabric but would like to get into it but what is a stress strip?

sequinto said:
Hi all have never used fabric but would like to get into it but what is a stress strip?

Instead of using just one strip of silk or fibreglass, you add another across the stress area for extra strength in that area ... similar to building your apex with L&P.

Thnx geeg, i understand now. Also is wrapping the same as an overlay on the natural nail, or is it different?

sequinto said:
Thnx geeg, i understand now. Also is wrapping the same as an overlay on the natural nail, or is it different?

The wrap IS the overlay, and you can use it with a tip extension or just to cover the natural nail. You can even sculpt with it, but this option is not quite as strong as a tip application.

Thnx again geeg, am stating to get to grips with the different terms used in the nail industry, can be frightnin when your new to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back