Stress

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolled up

Reaction score
Hi geeks! Its been a long time since ive posted (probs gone unnoticed aha) but so much has happened! As some of you know i opened my little home salon at the start of april, things were going well untill 2 weeks ago ): i havent had a single booking in the past 2 weeks despite putting offers on my website & facebook page! I really need to do another leaflet drop if it would stop bloody raining!!! :mad: thankfully i have got a hair ext consultation this afternoon so hopefully word of mouth will start soon :)

Also, me & my fiance having been thinking abiut getting our own house for a while :) but only really started looking into it the past 2 months. We did all the things in correct order i.e. finding out how much we could borrow/ monthly payments budgeting before we started looking and we have found the perfect house! Thing is, its a repossesion ): and after doing ALOT of research into buying a repo we know its going to be one heck of a hard long journey! Anyways, our offer has been accepted & we have started the (very expensive!) legal stuff :) im just hoping and praying that it will all run smoothly with no gazumping in sight!

So i am very stressed at th mo & cant sleep properly! And adding the fact im. Ot getting clients is making it worse ): please keep for fingers crossed for me geeks! I need all the help i can get.

Sorry for rambling but i need to get this out haha! Amy xx

hun honestly dont worry you have only been going since april!!i have been going 6 months and im still struggling to get regular clients, i only have a couple of regulars, the others come and have their nails done for a nite out or holiday or come once every 2 months!!!so i have plenty of days with nothing and then odd days where im busy, ive had quiet weeks and busy weeks.........it will take a good year to have any sort of regular income.

it sounds as though you are worrying more because of moving which is exciting and would be harder to do if you were really busy!!so use the tiime you have to build on clientele as well as moving and doing your house up. There is a great thread on here about promoting your business, have a search. do lots of offers for summer, contact local businesses, schools, groups etc

it will happen but be patient!xx

I know it's gonna take some time to get busy & I'm not relying on the wage as I have another job but I've done everything! That thread is really good and I've used loads of tips from it but it's not working as well as I had hoped :/ if it rains anymore I'm gonna scream aha!

The house is in a different area to where I am now & I think my business will do better there :) just praying we get it! These next 4-5 weeks are going to be hell but I hope it's worth it! :) thanks for snapping me out if it aha! Xx

What's changed about repo's then? The house we bought was a repo and it all went through quick as lightening. No chain etc.

It was nineteen years ago though and life has got more unnecessarily complicated since then. :D

Good luck with both issues.

What's changed about repo's then? The house we bought was a repo and it all went through quick as lightening. No chain etc.

It was nineteen years ago though and life has got more unnecessarily complicated since then. :D

Good luck with both issues.

Well even tho they have accepted our offer, the house is still on the market & potential buyers can view & make offers on it right up untill we exchange contracts. So we could get gazumpted & loose the house if someone puts a better offer than us): hopefully it will be quick but my estate agent has said it could take 4-5 weeks for exchange of contracts. We are first time buyers tho so should be quicker (; xx

Deep breaths hun & try not to worry! Being stressed is horrid & you seem to have a fair bit going on at the moment.
As far as your business goes, stick at it as its still early days. Get on Facebook & do some good promotions. If you do nails how about uploading some pics of the work that you do? That always works really well for me! Give it a try!
Think positive thoughts about your house & keep pestering your estate agents!!
Good luck hun & chin up!
xx

Latest posts

Back