Stressed with nail breaker

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikala-nails

Reaction score
Hiya
,I get fully booked up and need atleast 3 weeks notice for an app! I work back to back (no breaks) and all my sets take 2hours as I do a lot of nail art/Swarovski's so I book out 2hours for everyone,anyway I have a client who never looks after her nails and breaks them within days of being applied..she came last Thursday for an infill and she turned up with only 2 nails on then on Monday text me to say she'd lost one.
It's very rare that any of my clients come back with broken nails no I know it's not the way I've applied.
The thing is she asked if I could fix it and I said I don't have anything now for the next 3 weeks and she wasn't happy but I literally book from the shop opening to the shop closing which I explained l..I've woke up to another message off her now saying she wants her nail fixed because it's been over a week with a broken nail but I physically can't fit her in!
She's used to going to a discount salon where I think she's just seen straight away and being in and out but my shop doesn't work like that!
I used to do her nails from home but she brings her kids and her little girl spilt my acrylic & liquid last time which went to waste so I no longer work from home for that reason.

What else can I do?
Sorry about the essay [emoji85]

[text substitution for ethnic reference]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid I'd take the easy option and tell her that I couldn't do her nails anymore. Explain no one else has this problem and that she needs to go somewhere that isn't as busy as you so they can fit her repairs in.

Maybe offer to stay late on 'x' date to remove them so she can start again somewhere new.

You don't need the hassle!

To be honest, she doesn't sound like the sort of client I'd want to keep.

I'd politely text her back explaining again that you're fully booked but you will contact her if you have any cancellations

The only other option I guess is to see her after you've finished all your clients one day but ensure you charge her for it.

Good luck

I'm afraid I'd take the easy option and tell her that I couldn't do her nails anymore. Explain no one else has this problem and that she needs to go somewhere that isn't as busy as you so they can fit her repairs in.

Maybe offer to stay late on 'x' date to remove them so she can start again somewhere new.

You don't need the hassle!
Thanks for your reply..
I put up last night I had a cancellation for a full set which was first thing in the morning next week and she said she'd take for her nail repair it but it's a 2 hour app..what I'd have to do on her nail would take me 30mins and she is ALWAYS late so there's no chance I'd fit in someone else to take up the rest of the appointment and it means me losing out on nearly £40 for another set! Do you think that's mean? I've told her I'll try and move people back half n hour so I can fit her in before because someone else wants my cancellation for the full set (which is true)

It's just becoming a nightmare now and really stressing me out xx

I'll be honest with you. I do nails because I enjoy doing nails. Someone like this would annoy me no end.

If you've already filled the two hour slot then that's tough on her. Business sense is to take the new appointment for a full set.

I think I'd go with the idea of her coming in at the end of the day for a repair. I wouldn't want to be messing my trouble free clients around by changing their appointment times.

I'll be honest with you. I do nails because I enjoy doing nails. Someone like this would annoy me no end.

If you've already filled the two hour slot then that's tough on her. Business sense is to take the new appointment for a full set.

I think I'd go with the idea of her coming in at the end of the day for a repair. I wouldn't want to be messing my trouble free clients around by changing their appointment times.
Yeah I've asked my boss if she'll open the shop half hour early next week and I'm just going to have to be 'Fully booked' when she next wants to book in..[emoji6]
Thank you both xxxx

It's definitely not mean not letting her have the 2 hour slot. I once had a shellac client who was always chipping nails and expecting repairs. Drove me crazy so I let her go...my diary suddenly became very full...forever!

It's definitely not mean not letting her have the 2 hour slot. I once had a shellac client who was always chipping nails and expecting repairs. Drove me crazy so I let her go...my diary suddenly became very full...forever!
I know..that's the only down side to doing nails is the awkward clients,I get so stressed over it aswell! I'm sure they think you live and breathe nails and never remove your arse from the nail chair [emoji57]
Shockingly we have lives outside the salon too! [emoji33][emoji23] xx

I would give the client the contact number for another nail tech in your area. Try to pass her on to another salon.
If she doesn't like it then she has to wait for 3 weeks for you.

If you are that busy it's time to put your prices up and shed a few clients!
Well done you [emoji3][emoji122]

Trouble is....I'm thinking if you bend over backwards this time she will expect it again and doesn't seem to be working both ways here.....she isn't playing her part in caring for them....are you charging top whack for the repairs etc ?

I know..that's the only down side to doing nails is the awkward clients,I get so stressed over it aswell! I'm sure they think you live and breathe nails and never remove your arse from the nail chair [emoji57]

We do? [emoji15][emoji23]xx

I would give the client the contact number for another nail tech in your area. Try to pass her on to another salon.
If she doesn't like it then she has to wait for 3 weeks for you.

If you are that busy it's time to put your prices up and shed a few clients!
Well done you [emoji3][emoji122]
Thank you..I put my prices up last week but not too much..I've only been doing nails over a year and i would look at other nail techs and wish I was as busy as them and now I am it's horrible [emoji23][emoji23] well I love doing nails I just hate the bookings side of it..nightmare xxxx

Trouble is....I'm thinking if you bend over backwards this time she will expect it again and doesn't seem to be working both ways here.....she isn't playing her part in caring for them....are you charging top whack for the repairs etc ?
I don't get many repairs to be honest..ill probably only charge her about a fiver just to get rid of her haha she put me in a right mood she did [emoji23]

I don't see why you'd want to keep her. Let her get annoyed. She'll leave. Good riddance.

I don't see why you'd want to keep her. Let her get annoyed. She'll leave. Good riddance.
I know..hopefully this will be my last time dealing with her..wouldn't mind but I can't fix it until next week which means she would of had the set on 3 weeks! Hope she's not expecting a fill because I think I'd lose it [emoji23]

If she expects a free fill, fire her on the spot. You won't regret it.

If she expects a free fill, fire her on the spot. You won't regret it.
I wouldn't have time to do a full anyway [emoji23][emoji23] xxx

Thanks for your reply..
I put up last night I had a cancellation for a full set which was first thing in the morning next week and she said she'd take for her nail repair it but it's a 2 hour app..what I'd have to do on her nail would take me 30mins and she is ALWAYS late so there's no chance I'd fit in someone else to take up the rest of the appointment and it means me losing out on nearly £40 for another set! Do you think that's mean? I've told her I'll try and move people back half n hour so I can fit her in before because someone else wants my cancellation for the full set (which is true)

It's just becoming a nightmare now and really stressing me out xx

Why would her set only take 30 mins if she needs a new set put on?

Lol u might do! But we don't [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Latest posts

Back