Stretch marks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ker3003

Reaction score
Had a few people asking so thought I'd ask one here.... Is bio oil the best thing to use during pregnancy to avoid getting stretch marks? If not what is the best thing to use or does it depend on skin type if you will get them or not?

Also if you do have them what's the best treatment to reduce the appearance of them? X

Solar oil :)

There is a thread already on the uses if solar oil in the nail section (sorry on my phone cant see what kind if ur a nail geek too)

Its amazing, geeks use it on spots, scars, stretchmarks (be4 and after) burns.

Ill try and find the thread :)
Hth xoxi

Solar oil :)

There is a thread already on the uses if solar oil in the nail section (sorry on my phone cant see what kind if ur a nail geek too)

Its amazing, geeks use it on spots, scars, stretchmarks (be4 and after) burns.

Ill try and find the thread :)
Hth xoxi

Thanks hun! I'll have a look x

Can solar oil be bought off the Internet or would it be best to go to a nail technician?
I'm pregnant and ill try anything!
Thanks
(Sorry if I've just hijacked!)
Xxx

They do say that they're genetic. I gained 5 stone & was massive but not a single stretchmark. My mum doesn't have any and neither does my sister. Whether its true or just because I lathered myself in oil all tge way through. I used asda little angel oil. It was lovely and had a nice subtle smell and was cheap.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I thought they were generally hereditary as well, no amount of lotions or potions will stop them just reduce their appearance. it really depends on your skin type x

Can solar oil be bought off the Internet or would it be best to go to a nail technician?
I'm pregnant and ill try anything!
Thanks
(Sorry if I've just hijacked!)
Xxx

You can get it from s2 (UK official CND distributor) or ellisons (i think)
I have seen it on amazon, as all other geeks will say is you dont know what you will get if its not a verified supplier (put the guns away 😆)

Xx

I think its more to do with the continual massaging of the skin to try and keep it supple and moisturised to therefore allow the skin to stretch easier (thus reducing the likelihood of stretch marks forming).

To reduce their appearance of you already have them....if they are new, so a pinky/purple colour, you can have laser treatment /derma-roller etc, if they are old, so white/silver, unfortunately there is not really anything you can do.

x

I think if you're gonna get them you're gonna get them. I'm 33 weeks and not a single stretch mark yet - will probably get a few towards the end again (got some tiny ones from last pregnancy) and have been naughty and moisturising my belly much.

Although I'm sure oil will help if you do get them :)

Sorry I meant I haven't been moisturising!

I think if you're gonna get them you're gonna get them. I'm 33 weeks and not a single stretch mark yet - will probably get a few towards the end again (got some tiny ones from last pregnancy) and have been naughty and moisturising my belly much.

Although I'm sure oil will help if you do get them :)

I agree. I put on loads of weight in both pregnancies and have no stretch marks at all.

No stretch marks through two pregnancies???? Jesus I envy you!

Well I did use bio oil for a good year on scars and stretch marks. It worked wonders for new scars and faded them a bit but didn't really do much for my stretch marks. So I started doing lactic acid peels and using raw shea butter (I'd just whip it at home into a butter so it could spread easier). Some times I'd use olive oil just to keep really moisturized during the horrible canadian winters.

Its pretty simply and almost all of my stretch marks have faded.

I used bio oil religiously through my pregnancy with my little boy and was stretch mark free untill 30 weeks and all of a sudden BAM my belly turned into a road map lol.. My mom never got stretch marks through both of her pregnancies with me and my brother and my nan never got any either with my 2 uncles and my mom so it's safe to say I wasnt impressed that they literally appeared over night and then kept creeping up my bump as the days went by as I was so sure I wouldn't get any because of constantly using the bio oil and the fact I herd it was genetic lol xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think if you are prone to them you'll get them, nothing stops them.

I have them and I don't have any kids, they just appeared when I was a teenager and a few more when I've either gained or lost weight.

All of mine have faded a lot, none of them are red anymore. I hate them but I just have to live with them.

hi hunny if scars are still red/purple in colour then you can use bio oil etc to help them fade, or I used lush therapy massage bar had twins 12 weeks ago not got one stretch mark may be just lucky or may be the lush bar not sure but it worked for me,xx

I also think you'll either get them or you won't. I put on 4 1/2 stone during my pregnancy and I rubbed in an OPI hand and body lotion on my tum every morning and Elemis Frangipani Oil every night, no idea if it made a difference but I didn't get any stretch marks. I put it down to the fact that the skin on my belly was used to stretching as I had horrendous IBS pre baby :)

I agree, I had no stretch marks from my first, and used bio oil religiously twice daily. My second I was very lapse and didn't use much of anything, still no marks except one through the scars of my belly bar!
Now 25 weeks with third so hope I get away without them again!
As in the above post, my stomach was used to stretching through bloating due to food intolerances. And mum has loads so that wasn't hereditary! X

I had really bad stretch marks from the underside of the bump, up and over the top of my baby bump. It's all to do with how much elasticity is in your skin and how rapid your weight gain is. If your weight gain is very quick it causes trauma to the stomach muscles and tissues making it harder to repair itself but sensible eating helps tremendously. It's a myth that you eat for two, your body will obviously be needing more fuel but of the right kind. I tried all lotions and potions and still have a small apron covered in silver stretch marks upto around an inch below my bust area even though i regularly exercise. The key is to do gentle exercise right through your pregnancy (non cardio) yoga and pilates are brilliant. Wish i had known about it when i was pregnant. Hope you find a magic cream let us all know if you do ;)

I did not eat sensibly, definitely ate for two (adults lol) & was so exhausted that I stopped all exercise and gained at least 5 stone. Yet not a single stretch mark. I really do think unfortunately if you're going to get them you're going to get them. Someone very kindly assured me that I'd get them when I lost weight. Well all the baby weights gone & still none.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know this is an older thread I've just come across this but my friend and I are sitting in a coffee shop discussing stretch marks. I have them, I'm not really bothered about them (they're on my bum and upper thighs. I have medium to dark skin and so they're pretty noticeable if I go swimming etc, I don't have them anywhere. she has them in her bust area and doesn't feel like she can wear bikinis tops etc. she's Caucasian stand currently has tabbed skin (sunbed) but we are baffled as to why my mum (she has had 3 children and is skinny) and her mum (who has had her and her brother and again is slim build) both now in their early 50s haven't got a single stretch mark at all... Where on earth are we going wrong? Lol I know stretch marks will never completely go only fade to a certain extent (I don't know how true this is for people of my skin tone) is laser worth it? do creams really help? is it all gimmicky?

xProjectPrettyx

Latest posts

Back