Strip wax temperature?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelancetrainer

Reaction score
Hi I’m curious to know what temperature everyone uses for strip wax. The reason I ask is because all the strip wax pots stand a little above my wax heater compartment meaning some heat may be lost in the uppermost part of the tub. I’ve found that having it at 80 gives me a nice consistence for facial waxing (when not using hot wax) but I get slightly nervous that it’s at 80 rather than say 70 which seems to be the recommendation of most strip waxes. It feels fine on my wrist and inside elbow and avoids the lifting I sometimes get when it’s that bit cooler at 70. Does anyone else find strip wax tubs stick above the wax heater compartment and need to turn it up higher or do you empty it into the inner barrel so it fits properly. I use the small 500cc compartment.

90879c361a883e582904520ede9f8c65.jpg

I put this photo in someone else’s post earlier by accident. As you see the pots are not the correct size for the heater. The only bit touching the hot chamber is the bottom. Sides are clear of the chamber wall too do I don’t think the wax heats enough. Anyone know where you can get 500 gm wax pots rather than 450?

Hi I’m curious to know what temperature everyone uses for strip wax. The reason I ask is because all the strip wax pots stand a little above my wax heater compartment meaning some heat may be lost in the uppermost part of the tub. I’ve found that having it at 80 gives me a nice consistence for facial waxing (when not using hot wax) but I get slightly nervous that it’s at 80 rather than say 70 which seems to be the recommendation of most strip waxes. It feels fine on my wrist and inside elbow and avoids the lifting I sometimes get when it’s that bit cooler at 70. Does anyone else find strip wax tubs stick above the wax heater compartment and need to turn it up higher or do you empty it into the inner barrel so it fits properly. I use the small 500cc compartment.

I used to have that heater, it’s excellent. Once you’ve set the temp you want it at, hold the temp button on each section down for a few secs til it says ‘hi.’ It will heat up those pots no problem within 15mins, even though incorrect size, but ideally you only need the outermost wax melted and you can easily scoop the whole tub into the inner pot then. Sometimes the hi setting doesn’t go back to the original temp so just watch it. I used to keep it at 57-60 I think, then lower it right down if it’s less than half full. Been a while though might be wrong.

I used to have that heater, it’s excellent. Once you’ve set the temp you want it at, hold the temp button on each section down for a few secs til it says ‘hi.’ It will heat up those pots no problem within 15mins, even though incorrect size, but ideally you only need the outermost wax melted and you can easily scoop the whole tub into the inner pot then. Sometimes the hi setting doesn’t go back to the original temp so just watch it. I used to keep it at 57-60 I think, then lower it right down if it’s less than half full. Been a while though might be wrong.

Hmmm. Such a pain. I’d rather the wax pots were made to fit the heater but every wax I’ve looked at is 450 g rather than 500. I’ll just keep it at 80 since it feels ok. I don’t really want to tip it in as I like trying different waxes.

Hmmm. Such a pain. I’d rather the wax pots were made to fit the heater but every wax I’ve looked at is 450 g rather than 500. I’ll just keep it at 80 since it feels ok. I don’t really want to tip it in as I like trying different waxes.

Buy some wax liners

Buy some wax liners

I have loads of those which are great for trying different waxes out but I’d rather not have to pour out my chosen wax at all, I could do that straight into the inner barrel, no need for liners. It’s looking like the only option though if I don’t want a gap around the walls.

90879c361a883e582904520ede9f8c65.jpg

I put this photo in someone else’s post earlier by accident. As you see the pots are not the correct size for the heater. The only bit touching the hot chamber is the bottom. Sides are clear of the chamber wall too do I don’t think the wax heats enough. Anyone know where you can get 500 gm wax pots rather than 450?

I have the same heater, I have mine on 59 to start with using wax expert strip wax,

I have the same heater, I have mine on 59 to start with using wax expert strip wax,

Do you put your pot in like in the photo or do you decant?

Latest posts

Back