Striping tape tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moushax37

Reaction score
I have many clients that request striping tape because they like that metallic stripe look, although every time I try over Gelish or shellac it never sits flat on the edges, it always wants to lift up.
Would removing the sticky layer be beneficial?
Anyone have any tips?

Hoping you get some answers as I've been having the same problem. Also tried to use striping tape to mask to do chevrons etc but was unsuccessful with this too!

Hoping you get some answers as I've been having the same problem. Also tried to use striping tape to mask to do chevrons etc but was unsuccessful with this too!

Me too. Really want to do a design using neon underneath covered with black but when I remove the striping tape, the black always 'bleeds' under the tape :confused:

Has anyone tried curing and then removing the tape - wondered if that might work......?

Me too. Really want to do a design using neon underneath covered with black but when I remove the striping tape, the black always 'bleeds' under the tape :confused:

Has anyone tried curing and then removing the tape - wondered if that might work......?

I haven't had a go at this yet but you could try flash curing for 10 secs, removing tape and then curing? This may stop the colour on to from bleeding?

Beauty Therapist and Training Associate

I found even flash curing pulls the colour off :( xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

One word: Structure.

I'm actually gonna post a blog post today or tomorrow. I applied the Gelish color, wiped the tacky layer, pressed the striping tape on to the nail, covered the whole nail in a coat of Structure gel, cured, TIO... and that tape was on there rock solid. I've only used it over metalic silver and matte black tape so far, haven't used it over metallic colored tape, so I'm not sure if the color will bleed. But I can vouch for the silver tape.

Tape lasted 3 weeks (until the acrylics came off) on this one (ring finger):
GelishGeekery121713.png

Latest posts

Back