Striping tape?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staystrongsoa

Reaction score
So, I've recently invested in a few different striping tapes and have successfully used with with polish but using it with shellac or gel polish is a whole other thing! Tried to add a stipe across nails but it wouldn't stick properly on her nails, then on another client I got it to stick then painted over it with shellac to create a line detailing but when I peeled the tape off, the shellac just bled all over the nail. Any tips or tricks to striping tape out there I should know about?!

So, I've recently invested in a few different striping tapes and have successfully used with with polish but using it with shellac or gel polish is a whole other thing! Tried to add a stipe across nails but it wouldn't stick properly on her nails, then on another client I got it to stick then painted over it with shellac to create a line detailing but when I peeled the tape off, the shellac just bled all over the nail. Any tips or tricks to striping tape out there I should know about?!

Hi - I'm yet to use striping tape but just had a quick look on YouTube and there's loads of great tips on there. Here's one that might help :)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Czg3R1v234

I find when using striping tape with shellac it's best to leave for 30 seconds or so to rest and let the solvents evaporate a bit to stop bleeding. After the 30 seconds then pull of gently and that should be fine x

Fact! 😂

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1417370787.989403.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1417370787.989403.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 167

Latest posts

Back