Striping Tape

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelley Clarke

Reaction score
Hi

I've just bought the striping tape and wondered what's the best way to apply it? I tried it on my and at the free edge of the nail the tape started to lift off.
Any info please.

Shelley

Hiya Shelly,
When cutting the striping tape to the required length, always make sure you cut it slightly shorter, if you go right up to the edge of your nail it always lifts. Make sure you smooth it down with something like a cotton bud before topcoating.
If you still find the ends curling up to meet you ... try putting a bit of adhesive on the ends. Hth.

Thanks i will try again

Shelley

Shelley

I found that you need to cut it very slightly shorter than the length you need otherwise it'll get caught in hair/clothes etc. and start to lift off. Also smooth down gently with orange stick or similar to make it nice and flat. Then apply a couple of coats of top coat and it should be okay!

Bea
-x-

also make sure you don't touch the sticky side at all with your fingers when applying as it loses it's stickiness really easily!

As everyone else said make sure your tape finishes before the edge of your nail and then once you've smoothed it down make sure your top coat covers the edge and over it to insure a good seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back