Stripped hair gone blue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxhelenkayxx

Reaction score
A friend of mine had dark purple hair. She has now stripped it and sent me a picture of her hair as its has gone Bright blue in places.
She was wanting blonde hair this is why she stripped it and now she wants me to Fix it but still go blonde.
Any Ideas on best thing to do?x

Her Hair isnt in bad condition or wasnt when i last saw her with purple hair.
Shes coming to me on Wednesday and im going wholesalers tomorrow so would like an idea on anything extra i need to pick up x

I've never seen stripped hair go blue before.

I'm guessing, and it is a guess lol!! That her hair has not been lifted enough the red has been remove and left you with blue!
Now if you try again I think you will be left with a hint of green!

I tried to lift blue black from sisters and this went blonde, with hint on green. Wasn't worried she was having bright blue over top. I used bleach not sure want colour strippers ie blondie Rae will achieve..

You could bleach bath the darkest areas and get it to all the same depth. Then proceed with full head bleach and tone afterwards any unwanted tones. You could also use blonde rae to remove the existing colour, you could just try bleaching it straight up. Lots of different options :)

Well she said she has stripped it twice with what i'd imagine is that Colourb4 what is sold in supermarkets. I said its incorrect application of it but she claims she did everything it said on the box and she got someone else to do it.
photo.php

If i was to bleach it and it went Green how would i fix this?

Im only level 2 and we never really did any colour Correction x

Well she said she has stripped it twice with what i'd imagine is that Colourb4 what is sold in supermarkets. I said its incorrect application of it but she claims she did everything it said on the box and she got someone else to do it.
photo.php

The colour you choose would have to have a underlying pigment that would counteract the green which is red so im thinking you would use a toner but you would have to be carefull because could turn brown very easily, and ive just completed my level 2 but i think i have the theory right just not to sure about what brands etc to use but im sure someone will be along soon x
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

photo.php

Why did you not learn about colours and how to correct unwanted tones on your level 2? I have and also have wrote loads about it x

its all well and good having it written but written work doesn't come from actual experience. And i was told colour correction is level 3. I know the basic colours n how to counteract tones but i havent see hair this colour from stripping before so dont understand the science behind it. if it had been bleached and then gone blue then i could understand but not from the colour it was when the stripper is supposed to remove the colour molecules

its all well and good having it written but written work doesn't come from actual experience. And i was told colour correction is level 3. I know the basic colours n how to counteract tones but i havent see hair this colour from stripping before so dont understand the science behind it. if it had been bleached and then gone blue then i could understand but not from the colour it was when the stripper is supposed to remove the colour molecules

i know that but i was just referring to the green tone comment sorry i assumed everybody learnt about color correction on the level 2 well the basics of it, as for it going blue sometimes colour stripper does not remove all colour molecules and thats why sometimes a second application is needed sometimes it does not remove it all, but it could also be that if she has applied this her self she has not covered the whole head correctly because to me it appears to have patches of blue i could be wrong though :D x

Why not do a strand test with a colour remover and/or bleach?

I agree! It looks patchy, like sufficient product hasn't been applied. I would strand test all the way!

Also i wonder if because it was purple im thinking this will have a lot of underlying blue so that could be why its left that blue tone, be intresting to know for sure though xx

I agree! It looks patchy, like sufficient product hasn't been applied. I would strand test all the way!

Yea thats what i was thinking and is actually difficult to do your own hair especially at the back and that appears to be the place with most blue tone left so could possibly do another colour remover and that could fix it but agree with the above do a strand test with both to be a 100% sure x

yes it is very patchy this is why i thought its incorrect application but she says she re applied after and assure me she did it correctly,but i will never know as i wasnt there so all i can do is try and fix it.

I will definitily be doing a strand test always do :)

yes it is very patchy this is why i thought its incorrect application but she says she re applied after and assure me she did it correctly,but i will never know as i wasnt there so all i can do is try and fix it.

I will definitily be doing a strand test always do :)

No very true and it is hard to back of head and you can easily think you have covered when you havent like silly me tried to a bleach bath on my self :) lol, good luck with would love a update when you have finished xx

I asked her to wash it as many times as possible before she comes here. this morning she has text to say stil some bits blue others goin purple.

From my point of view she hasnt applied the stripper correctly and she hasnt rinsed it welll enough.

Will update tomorrow after i have had a good look. And worked out whats best x

So when she came to me it was diferent again and Pink. I then went to wash it and before shampooing it had changed colour again to purple. I have never seen anything like it.

I did a bleach bath to try and get rid of the crazy colours her hair was producing and after this i dyed it a simple 5.

There was no way i would of tryed to get her blonde.x

So when she came to me it was diferent again and Pink. I then went to wash it and before shampooing it had changed colour again to purple. I have never seen anything like it.

I did a bleach bath to try and get rid of the crazy colours her hair was producing and after this i dyed it a simple 5.

There was no way i would of tryed to get her blonde.x

Has she had a build up of colour? Why was it pink lol has she messed about with it since that picture? And no i dont think i would of attempted that either :) xx

Latest posts

Back