stripping black hair dye!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eager beaver

Reaction score
Hi geeks
i am off to the haidressers tomorrow and would love any advice (if this gets read before 2.30pm tomorrow!)
i have naturally mousy hair which is salon dyed black, with about two incehes regrowth on top, but pretty natural underneath (i have kinda posh legth bob).

i am hoping to have the colour stripped tomorrow, and wondered if anyone knows what kinda colour it would be feasible to go? ultimatly i will go back natural, but apprieciate this will take a while!

Any suggestions welcome

ps- i will also have a considerable amount chopped off to cut out the REALLY old colour! xx

warm med. brown- anything you do going lighter from black will have warm even reddish undertones. You can't go too light with out sacrificing the integrity of the hair. You may be able to lighten, then tone and highlight to achieve a more "natural" appearance.

Hi there, funnily enough i had exactly this procedure done in a Toni & Guy salon last year. They put tons of bleach on my hair and called it "stripping". Even though your hair is fairer (as mine is) you will be left looking like Vicky Pollard with Bleached roots probably and reddish/ginger all over afterwards. They will prob suggest a brown or red range in the 5 category and to be honest if i was you i would go more brown. Sadly it takes a while to go lighter but worth persevering and you could have blonde highlights added at a later stage to give the appearance of it looking lighter. You will end up with the Posh look before she went blonde. Good luck. I'm not a know it all but time was of the essence in case a professional doesn;'t get back to you in time. x

Thanks Jeni, thats the kinda thing i was hoping- think its gonna cost me a small fortune but hopefully worth it!x

Hi geeks
i am off to the haidressers tomorrow and would love any advice (if this gets read before 2.30pm tomorrow!)
i have naturally mousy hair which is salon dyed black, with about two incehes regrowth on top, but pretty natural underneath (i have kinda posh legth bob).

i am hoping to have the colour stripped tomorrow, and wondered if anyone knows what kinda colour it would be feasible to go? ultimatly i will go back natural, but apprieciate this will take a while!

Any suggestions welcome

ps- i will also have a considerable amount chopped off to cut out the
REALLY old colour! xx

hi there i was just wondering how your hair stripping event went ? and what they did ect ? I hope you like it now :) minky

I would love to know too, EB. Come back and give us the scoop.:)

hello, i am very pleased with my hair!

we discussed various options (inc bleach etc) but we decided on a semi permanent chocolate brown all over (preceeded by a good chop to get rid of some of the black) and a bleach packet on the fringe. the brown fades into the black at the ends, and the variation on the fringe is great, as she did it under the brown, so it peeks through, depending on how i style it. By the time i have my next trim the black will nearly be out.
thanks for the input and consideration geeks.x:hug:

sounds like you came out with a very fun color and style.

Latest posts

Back