Stripping bleach? :@

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBH Salon

Reaction score
Hey geeks! I’m back! Anyways to start me on a roll, I wanted to ask you all what really *** you off when none professionals try to teach you about your job?

I was in a bar the other night and I got talking to this young girl, we was talking about her roots being so dark (base 4) and her bleaching it all the time, anyways she tried to tell ME that you can strip bleach out back to your natural colour, and because I was a little drunk I ripped into her. I’m not sorry for it either; she tried telling me I was wrong, and that she knows better because she has ''done'' hairdressing. I tried to explain the science behind the melanin pigment being lightened so that you CAN NOT strip it with a...wait for it.......''SCOTT CORNWALLS COLOURB4 from BOOTS'' so the question is: have you ever ripped into someone for being so rude? And what is the most stupidest thing you have ever heard? :) Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Colour b4 needs banning. First they have about 10 dodgey box colours on their hair use that - it says on the box it can be used 3 times.

Then they wander why the next colour they put on doesn't go the shade they wanted.

Hmmm maybe because your not a hairdresser so you don't know what your doing or why!

The funniest are the ones who have "done" hairdressing so obviously they know more then someone who spends x amount of hours over x amount of years working in the industry

I was doing a colour correction on a client a few weeks ago when the daughter of another client in the salon came over. She had ' done' hair and started telling my client her natural hair would now grow through ginger as that's what colour her hair was after one application of colour stripper

The poor girl was petrified

Colour b4 needs banning. First they have about 10 dodgey box colours on their hair use that - it says on the box it can be used 3 times.

Then they wander why the next colour they put on doesn't go the shade they wanted.

Hmmm maybe because your not a hairdresser so you don't know what your doing or why!

The funniest are the ones who have "done" hairdressing so obviously they know more then someone who spends x amount of hours over x amount of years working in the industry

I totally agree with you! It does need banning! People think hairdressing is so easy, many times girls tell me they can cut hair, then when I ask them what the four main cuts are they look at me like I'm speaking Chinese Ahaaha :D

I was doing a colour correction on a client a few weeks ago when the daughter of another client in the salon came over. She had ' done' hair and started telling my client her natural hair would now grow through ginger as that's what colour her hair was after one application of colour stripper

The poor girl was petrified

God I would of gone mad! How dare she! How can "stripper" change the permanent melanin pigment in the natural colour? If it was possible why would we still be colouring the roots ahah, people need to get a grip on life :D

hhhmmmm i did a full head of 20" extensions on a girl and they looked beautiful, went round there the other day to find her mum who had "DONE" hairdressing for all of 4 weeks before giving it up and decided to cut the extensions!!!!! :eek:
She had informed her daughter NOT to wear them in a loose ponytail for bed, even tho I had already given her the correct aftercare advice, so she didnt and apparently she is a very bad sleeper, moves a hell of a lot, woke up the next morning with tangled ends, and instead of rectifying this, her mum just cut the tangled bits off!!!
She cut them the normal way you would cut hair, well her normal way anyway, they are all wonky and blocky (if you know what i mean) and are now about 16" long....i am fuming!!! it looks so crap now, which doesnt look good for my rep, needless to say i wont be doing that families hair again!!
why do these people think they know better than you!!
rant over lol

hhhmmmm i did a full head of 20" extensions on a girl and they looked beautiful, went round there the other day to find her mum who had "DONE" hairdressing for all of 4 weeks before giving it up and decided to cut the extensions!!!!! :eek:
She had informed her daughter NOT to wear them in a loose ponytail for bed, even tho I had already given her the correct aftercare advice, so she didnt and apparently she is a very bad sleeper, moves a hell of a lot, woke up the next morning with tangled ends, and instead of rectifying this, her mum just cut the tangled bits off!!!
She cut them the normal way you would cut hair, well her normal way anyway, they are all wonky and blocky (if you know what i mean) and are now about 16" long....i am fuming!!! it looks so crap now, which doesnt look good for my rep, needless to say i wont be doing that families hair again!!
why do these people think they know better than you!!
rant over lol

Wow! I feel your pain! I would of said "sorry but where is your qualifications?" haha I don't blame you for not wanting to go back, I wouldnt either, people will have to learn the hard way I think :)

Latest posts

Back