Stripping hair to achieve red with Effassor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C22

Reaction score
So I have a lady coming in next week wanting to go from a box coloured xxl live base 4 to a 6.66 loreal (red).ive done a strand test and came out to an orange using 30 vol bleach. I'm planning on stripping first using effassor so just wanted to see how much it would lift as I've known the xxl live colous to be a pain to remove. I've stripped hair and recoloured before but I've never done this to achieve a bright red. I know reds tend to fade quickly doin was wandering if anyone could offer me advice as to what kind of results people have achieved going from so dark to a red. I don't want it to fade straight away but I want it to be bright enough in the first place! Thanks x

So I have a lady coming in next week wanting to go from a box coloured xxl live base 4 to a 6.66 loreal (red).ive done a strand test and came out to an orange using 30 vol bleach. I'm planning on stripping first using effassor so just wanted to see how much it would lift as I've known the xxl live colous to be a pain to remove. I've stripped hair and recoloured before but I've never done this to achieve a bright red. I know reds tend to fade quickly doin was wandering if anyone could offer me advice as to what kind of results people have achieved going from so dark to a red. I don't want it to fade straight away but I want it to be bright enough in the first place! Thanks x

first of all 30 vol is too high, there's no need to use anything above 20 vol...ever.
with xxl, its not so much theyre hard to remove, its that if you can remove them, there are silicones left behind so a colour you put on after, may not take. i'd recommend putting a 6,66 on the strand you tested with bleach nd if f uve not got it anymore, get another and bleach bath with clensing shampoo, 3% and water (equal parts) i wouldn't recommend effasor, it may lift but it kills the hair.

Ok thanks for your reply.i was going to use 20 vol but it seemed she had so much colour build up that I wanted to see how much it would lift using a higher strength. I'd use 20 vol with effassor. To be honest I've never done a bleach bath, we were never taught this and I've only heard of people using it. I'm off to the wholesales in Monday so may get something else or have a go at the bleach bath! I still have the strand test but at first we weren't sure if we were going with a less vibrant red and perhaps slices of a brighter shade through

Ok thanks for your reply.i was going to use 20 vol but it seemed she had so much colour build up that I wanted to see how much it would lift using a higher strength. I'd use 20 vol with effassor. To be honest I've never done a bleach bath, we were never taught this and I've only heard of people using it. I'm off to the wholesales in Monday so may get something else or have a go at the bleach bath! I still have the strand test but at first we weren't sure if we were going with a less vibrant red and perhaps slices of a brighter shade through

It's better to apply with 20vol twice than do once with a higher vol. It lifts more slowly and doesn't wreck the hair quite so much.

Done the exact same on a client a few weeks ago, been box coloring, was a level 3 with heaps of build up, used 40g Platine + 60g 9% and 4 pumps of shampoo, it look 30minutes to lift, an her hair was still really healthy, I put 6.60 + Rouge mix on in Majirel, roots straight trough, came out amazing, I lifted it out to a level 6-7

Can't decided weather to do a bleach bath as described or strip it now : /

Can anyone recommend a good cleansing shampoo for mixing in?

Can anyone recommend a good cleansing shampoo for mixing in?

For mixing into the bleach bath mixture? I personally don't put shampoo in just equal parts of bleach, peroxide and warm water.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Yes for the bleach bath, I've just heard alot of people use it. Do u apply it to dry hair at the basin with a sponge or a brush? Or doesn't it really matter ? Sorry for the questions but have never seen it done before!

Apply with bowl and brush! Use this mixture- 60g powder lightener + 40g Oxydant + 4pumps of shampoo, strengthening shampoos are better then moisturizing ones cause they have more conditioning stuff which will make it not activate properly

1 scoop bleach powder
1 scoop proxide
1 scoop clarifying shampoo
Apply to wet hair with Tint brush n bowl :) x

Thank u very much :)

Latest posts

Back