Stripping query!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoanneMc

Reaction score
i have a client who is now currently a base of 2. she is getting stripped up tomorrow to a level 5, now she also has grey regrowth and i have never stripped anyone with greys before and was wondering when applying the target shade, what i should use on the ends. i know i need to mix with 6% for the grey roots, how would mixing the desired shade with 3% work on the ends? or should i use 6% on both roots and ends??? HELP NEEDED ASAP please girls :)

i have a client who is now currently a base of 2. she is getting stripped up tomorrow to a level 5, now she also has grey regrowth and i have never stripped anyone with greys before and was wondering when applying the target shade, what i should use on the ends. i know i need to mix with 6% for the grey roots, how would mixing the desired shade with 3% work on the ends? or should i use 6% on both roots and ends??? HELP NEEDED ASAP please girls :)

Firstly make sure you only strip the coloured bits and not any of the Greg natural.. And if you normally use 6% with the roots then use 6% defiantly only use 3% on the ends as the hair is tender and 6% will open the cuticle and weaken it.. Hope this helps x

What are you using to strip?
A certain product? Or bleach bathing?

thanks girls, my clients hair is fine, so i am just going to bleach bath it with 6%, not a full head stripping session-

she is looking to go for a warm reddish brown, so i am going to use a 5-65 with 5.0, i am going to use equal amounts of these colours on the roots mixed with 6% but then the ends is the part thats absolutely wrecking my head!! if i use equal amounts of 5.0 and 5.65 on the ends with 3%, will this match the roots to create an even colour the whole way through??

my head is wrecked, i cant stop thinking about it, im overthinking and panicking now!! :/

I over think colours far too much! I even dream about colour!! And that's how I get stressed and lose sleep.

What you're saying sounds fine! Don't stress about it!

I lifted a clients hair from 1.0 - 7.0/8.0 on Saturday, I stressed about it before hand. She loved it so much that she cried and hugged me.

Latest posts

Back