Strong bleach help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannahtay

Reaction score
I have a client who is around a base 7 and wants a full head lifting to really blonde, I did Do loreal bleach with 40 it lifted well but still yellowy which I know comes with bleaching it, wondering if anyone knows of a product that will lift it really light and zapp warmth? Please help x

I have a client who is around a base 7 and wants a full head lifting to really blonde, I did Do loreal bleach with 40 it lifted well but still yellowy which I know comes with bleaching it, wondering if anyone knows of a product that will lift it really light and zapp warmth? Please help x

40 vol!!!??? Never use bleach and 40 vol on the scalp! You will lift as well on a base 7 with 20 vol and with less damage!! If your clients hair throws warmth you may need to tone afterwards. Are you a qualified professional? This isn't an easy job if your not experienced! ;)

Ditto as above ??
40 Vol on scalp with bleach??

Yes I checked with a loreal rep when I worked in salon and she say fine as long as I'd done a skin test, I really don't think 20 would of lifted it out, what would be a good toner? Thanks for replys

Yes I checked with a loreal rep when I worked in salon and she say fine as long as I'd done a skin test, I really don't think 20 would of lifted it out, what would be a good toner? Thanks for replys

Well I'm sorry to say that loreal rep was an idiot!! Was it a rep or a technical educator? Most reps aren't hairdressers! No way you should be using 40 vol! 20 vol will do it it may take longer or require reapplication! Also it won't blow the hell out of the hair! A toner on her scalp after bleach and 40 will BURN!!

Well I'm sorry to say that loreal rep was an idiot!! Was it a rep or a technical educator? Most reps aren't hairdressers! No way you should be using 40 vol! 20 vol will do it it may take longer or require reapplication! Also it won't blow the hell out of the hair! A toner on her scalp after bleach and 40 will BURN!!

In fact a decent loreal educator would have told you to use platinium ammonia free!

Aww feel bad now, you just believe it don't you when someone trusted tells you something. So what would you say is best thing to do bleach it with 20 vol wash it off and bleach it again with 20 vol to get it really light? X

Aww feel bad now, you just believe it don't you when someone trusted tells you something. So what would you say is best thing to do bleach it with 20 vol wash it off and bleach it again with 20 vol to get it really light? X

Mix product with 20 vol as manufacturers instructions. Leave to develop for 40 mins and if it is pale yellow you can tone of not then reapply with 10 vol. ;)

Ok great, what is a good toner? Thanks for advice.

What exactly would you be skin testing for? :?: Sounds as if the rep didn't know their arse from their elbow!

Try Matrix V-Light bleach.

Yes it does now doesn't it, I just thought they would know there product.ok thanks for that x

Usually loreal or wella but can get hold of most brands.

Is that toner not lightening product is it?

Fantastic thanks for your help, appreciate it.would you stick to loreal bleach still?

Yes platinium using the white powder do you really like, it was just disappointed with yellow finish.

Yes platinium using the white powder do you really like, it was just disappointed with yellow finish.

Powder? Platinium is a paste? Is it platine? No so keen on that! Is it the one that's for scalp bleaching?

Latest posts

Back