Struggling to get clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZaynaG

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Perhaps anyone could give me any advice on how to get new clients? I'm new at this and I've been advertising on Facebook and have also created google business account. Also, registered with Treatwell. And so far I've had 2 bookings that got cancelled..... My prices are quite low (because I'm new) so I'm not sure what else can I do?

Unfortunately my friends don't use these services so I can't relay on their feedback either. Any of you had difficult/slow start or I'm doing something wrong?

Thank you

Zayna x

Hi just seen your post, did you get any replys? How are you doing now I'm in a similar situation 🙂

hi guys i joined treatwell 6 months ago went in cheaper then all my competitors also got loads of friends to book treatments threw treatwell for reviews (made a loss but it was worth it) and they gave me 10 free reviews, so far so good

You can advertise on the ‘Nextdoor’ APP, my colleague is drawing new clients through it.

Are you working in a salon? If so, go around to neighboring businessses with your card. Introduce yourself and let them know you are offering a 10% discount to all new clients.(you can write it on the card) let them know you have a Facebook business page as well, and try to post regularly, including photos. Remember to take before and afters, and don't be shy in asking these clients if they could leave a review for you on Google.

I also printed flyers with my salon name and info with the 10% off new clients and delivered them to residential mailboxes in the area around my shop.

I learned the hard way not to discount or give away too much. Once in a while, I will offer a free brow wax with a hair service as a bonus, which has picked up my waxing services. It's very low-cost, and a 10 minute service, so makes a good promotion. Paraffin hand treatments as well. They feel pampered while getting their hair done, and it cost you two plastic bags and a scoop full of Paraffin. Especially in the winter months, when hands are dry and chapped.
Facebook is losing its popularity to Instagram and TikTok, so be careful what you spend your money on.

Latest posts

Back