Struggling with clients hair and silver?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mollie1985

Reaction score
Hi all I'm struggling with this client/friend she's looking for quite a silver/grey colour and iv used illumina 8/69 on dry hair and also used colour touch 8/81 on dry hair, both times it's came out silvery but not as ashy as she would like so I was think of using colour touch 7/89 but iv not used that before and it looks very grey so I'm a bit worried about using that as she doesn't want it too dark and dull does anyone have any suggestions xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409127893.738336.jpg

This was her hair I'm sure after the 8/81 but the outcome of the 8/69 wasn't much different x

This is 7/89 ct, on dry hair xxx

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1409127937133.jpg
    1409127937133.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 311
Aw that's brill thank you, I think that would be too dark for her but I suppose if I use it on wet hair, that's great il get that and do a test strand first xx

affinage infiniti 9.117 its amaazingggggg

affinage infiniti 9.117 its amaazingggggg

Hi iv seen a few pictures of that on here but think they are to grey for it lol it's a nightmare lol il maybe need to use the 7/89 and maybe dilute it with something else lol xx

Try a 12/1 or a 12/2 with a touch of 1/0, just a thumbnail. Thats what i use. Or 9/1 x

The 12/ line really shouldn't be used as a toner...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

View attachment 73675

This was her hair I'm sure after the 8/81 but the outcome of the 8/69 wasn't much different x

Did you do them on dry hair damp? I've used 10/16 with 6% on dry on my own hair and it went lovely! So did 8/69 it was like a true steel with a purple tinge x

Hiya yeah I used them in dry hair, the 8/69 is brilliant in my hair but On her hair it looked more like a 10/69 I'm doing it next week so will have a think about the options given on here, I'm thinking the 7/89 in damp hair xx

Hiya yeah I used them in dry hair, the 8/69 is brilliant in my hair but On her hair it looked more like a 10/69 I'm doing it next week so will have a think about the options given on here, I'm thinking the 7/89 in damp hair xx

Have you tried strand tests? X

Not yet I'm going to see her in Saturday so going to test strand the 7/89, it seems to be her hair as the 8/69 works a treat with everyone but just wasn't enough for her x

Not yet I'm going to see her in Saturday so going to test strand the 7/89, it seems to be her hair as the 8/69 works a treat with everyone but just wasn't enough for her x

You could also try 7/81 equal parts with 9/ in illumina x

I wasn't wanting someone to tell me what to use I just wanted advice on the 7/89 lol x

Latest posts

Back