Struggling with making mind up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah31085

Reaction score
as title suggests im struggling to make my mind up and choose my mani pedi range im stuck between cuccio and cnd .

CND-i love the look of cnd ranges but feel there is not enough retail opportunities only the cuticle oil and scentsations and worry about the aspect of the discontinuing citrus range , will another range come out ?what about allergies? i have called for samples to be told they dont do samples and i hate not being able to smell what im going to be using .I have a break down of costs per treatment but would like to know what fellow geeks charge. Im also confused at what levels of manicures to provide using this range ? i very much like structure and am finding it hard to figure this out ie 3 tier each better than the last . any help on this would be great as when asking sweet squared im told there is no structure i can make it up as i go ?

Cuccio - love the ranges and retail options body butters washes scrubs cuticle pens and their range or scents and the fact there is more than one so something for everyone . i phoned for samples and recieved a full 237ml bottle of ultra sheer body butter in pomergranate and acai a mini pedicure starter kit with 4 travel sized products in and toe seperaters and flipflops , a manicure soak trio 24 balls in all and a tuscan citrus and herb mini body butter so over all i was very chuffed with my "samples" they are all lovely and smell beautiful. Cuccio give you three structured options of mani along with add ons and i like the way its simple for me to replicate and price up .

please help me geeks this is not about price but about what i can get the most out of and i really want to retail and be comfortable within the range im using.

I use the spa manicure almond line from CND. Smells Divine!! Not one of my clients has ever made one complaint of the smell, they all love it. The mask is delicious, a liquid gold in a pot, very luxury. This line is very hydrating and defenitely worth it. No experience with cuccio though. But maybe a dumb question, and please take no offend, but why would you retail more than a solar oil , the cuticle eraser and a handcream like scentsations or the almond hydrating lotion? They come to you for the luxury things like mask and scrub and are happy to pay for it. Don't you think you loose manicure customers if you offer milk bath, masks and scrubs for retail? :wink2:
I charge 17,50 euro for my basic manicure (milk bath, cuticle care and moisture pack cuticle eraser and solar oil), file, solar oil and hancream and polish.
And 20 euro for my luxury manicure (basic manicure and including scrub and mask). But i am inthe Netherlands so I don't know the prices in your country. Hth... :hug:

I have just recently started using CND mani and pedi ranges. The products are lovely and just feel so luxurious - why don't you buy the small trial kits of the mani and pedi range to give them a go and see what you think for yourself? As for retailing I think retailing solar oil, cuticle eraser, scentsations washes and lotions plus you could get the cucumber heel therapy in too is a pretty reasonable range, don't know what polish range you use for CND Vinylux is great to retail too! I currently only offer a full luxury mani and pedi service as I'm mobile and do the full works for my clients rather than having various options x

I use the spa manicure almond line from CND. Smells Divine!! Not one of my clients has ever made one complaint of the smell, they all love it. The mask is delicious, a liquid gold in a pot, very luxury. This line is very hydrating and defenitely worth it. No experience with cuccio though. But maybe a dumb question, and please take no offend, but why would you retail more than a solar oil , the cuticle eraser and a handcream like scentsations or the almond hydrating lotion? They come to you for the luxury things like mask and scrub and are happy to pay for it. Don't you think you loose manicure customers if you offer milk bath, masks and scrubs for retail? :wink2:
I charge 17,50 euro for my basic manicure (milk bath, cuticle care and moisture pack cuticle eraser and solar oil), file, solar oil and hancream and polish.
And 20 euro for my luxury manicure (basic manicure and including scrub and mask). But i am inthe Netherlands so I don't know the prices in your country. Hth... :hug:

I also use this range, I love the smell. The only problem I forsee is of they have a nut allergy!

I retail solar oil, vinylux and will add scenario although most clients don't want to buy anything I think they just want the luxury to be honest!

I charge £25 for manicure with shellac polish, £21 with vinylux polish!
X

Cnd is going to be used by a lot of people because the brand holda a lot of credibility due to shellac.

Both brands are respectable professional brands so you should go with what feels right for you. I used to love reading the "cuppa with cuccio" page in scratch magazine :)

as title suggests im struggling to make my mind up and choose my mani pedi range im stuck between cuccio and cnd .

CND-i love the look of cnd ranges but feel there is not enough retail opportunities only the cuticle oil and scentsations and worry about the aspect of the discontinuing citrus range , will another range come out ?what about allergies? i have called for samples to be told they dont do samples and i hate not being able to smell what im going to be using .I have a break down of costs per treatment but would like to know what fellow geeks charge. Im also confused at what levels of manicures to provide using this range ? i very much like structure and am finding it hard to figure this out ie 3 tier each better than the last . any help on this would be great as when asking sweet squared im told there is no structure i can make it up as i go ?

Cuccio - love the ranges and retail options body butters washes scrubs cuticle pens and their range or scents and the fact there is more than one so something for everyone . i phoned for samples and recieved a full 237ml bottle of ultra sheer body butter in pomergranate and acai a mini pedicure starter kit with 4 travel sized products in and toe seperaters and flipflops , a manicure soak trio 24 balls in all and a tuscan citrus and herb mini body butter so over all i was very chuffed with my "samples" they are all lovely and smell beautiful. Cuccio give you three structured options of mani along with add ons and i like the way its simple for me to replicate and price up .

please help me geeks this is not about price but about what i can get the most out of and i really want to retail and be comfortable within the range im using.

You are allowed to retail any of the CND spa range if you want. As long as a product is not marked as professional use only it is not a problem. Last year they had a gift product which was a sparkly bag with solar oil and the almond smoothing creme and they currently sell a retail pack containing the cucumber heel therapy.

Also if you check out the product profiles of all the spa products on CND.com they list the smallest size as Retail/Professional. Scrubs, Masks, Milk Baths, Mineral Soaks etc all covered. I think it is only the Sea-Serum product which is professional strength and not for retail.

The product profiles are absolutely fantastic for giving you detailed information on your products for you to really enhance the spa experience and to help you retail. I would also highly recommend the CND spatacular course if you want to get the most out of the products and you will absolutely get advice on how to tier your services if you want, but ultimately you have the freedom to structure your service mentu how you want.

You also have Vinylux to add weight to your retail, I retail a tonne of it!

Cuticle Eraser, Hand Lotions, Solar Oil, Scentsations, File, Buffers.....I could go on...

Latest posts

Back