Struggling with my new wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautygirl1977

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've just started using Perron Rigot Cristal Ocean wax and I'm struggling. Its so much harder to use than the cream wax. It's not taking off all the hairs and in the end I'm tweezing a lot. I wondered if I was putting on too much oil? So tried it without but it's not so good as my cream wax. I know it has rave reviews so I must be going wrong somewhere? It's brows I've been using it on. Maybe it's just practice and getting used to a new product? Thanks x

For brows you should ideally be using the Perron Rigot Euroblond non strip wax. As for actually getting the hairs out, you need a very thin layer and your wax might not even be warm enough as it needs to be quite runny. Have you attended a Perron Rigot discovery day? Check on their Facebook page. They're free when you buy some products x

Thank you. I haven't trained in hot wax yet. The reason I went for this wax is because a client took a reaction (I think it was that) to my other wax so I needed something else. I'm thinking its maybe not warm enough. Also maybe too much wax on my spatula? I can't go on training just now as I'm getting married in 4 weeks so no time or money. I'm hoping to get to Essex ASAP though to train with Kim! Thing is this lady is back next week and I wanted it perfected by then. Any help much appreciated. X

i had the same problem when i used it. even when i let it get runny i didn't like using it. had a nightmare leg wax and ended up having to tweezers loads! hate to admit it but i went back to salon services wax as i find it easier to use.
as soon as there's a perron rigot discovery day in Scotland I'll go though as i want to learn how to use their wax properly, it gets such amazing reviews!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Perron Rigot also do a cream wax that might suit you better. They do a vast range of different flavours(? ) lol and some are honey waxes and some are cream waxes. Sometimes it's just personal preference. Personally I love ocean because I find it easy to use but had the same problem on one facial wax (I didn't have a pot for non strip wax at the time) and now only use Euroblond which has helped immensely.

By the way the discovery day is only £20 so if you can get to one it really is a great help! x

Hi, It often takes a bit of time to adjust to using a new wax and I hope that you can sort out the problems. Cristal Ocean is a great wax and as the OP said its getting the right amount of oil and using the wax at the best temperature. CO only needs a really thin layer of wax ( quite runny) on top of a very light application of oil. Blot the oil with a tissue if you think its too much. Once you train for your non strip waxes you may find some of these work better for brows etc.

I know that Perron Rigot are looking to offer more Discovery Days in other pars of the country including Scotland if you keep a eye on their FB page they update the events section on a regular basis. The discovery days are a great opportunity to try out the waxes and see how they work best.

Jack

I'm working the Perron stand at Manchester if you can get to that and we can go through any problems. I'm also running a discovery day in Tamworth and Manchester next month if the location any good.

Snap, i had the same problem with the CO wax and only yesterday i went back to my salon system cream wax. I found CO way too sticky and my clients did not really like it, we live and learn xx

I use CO and I'm happy with it BUT I think you have to work with a product you're confident and happy with. If its not working for you, then go back to your other wax. If you decide to stick with CO, use a tiny tiny amount of oil, and a thin layer of wax. I remember Kim saying it should look like oil on the skin. I also find it works better with paper strips.

Why don't you try Perron Rigot Nacree Blanche which is there creme wax?

I also use both Cristal Ocean and Nacree Blanche.
Its a sweet almond cream wax so its a much different wax to CO. If you do get to a discovery day its worth trying out the different waxes available.

I only use Cristal Ocean for strip waxing. Apply the tiniest amount of oil and I like to apply it super thin (so it looks like oil on the skin), you can apply it thicker. Make sure you give a good firm rub with your strip.

It's difficult getting used to new waxes so just don't over think it and apply it how you would normally.

I'm working the Perron stand at Manchester if you can get to that and we can go through any problems. I'm also running a discovery day in Tamworth and Manchester next month if the location any good.

hi fozzyo, could you pm me the details of the tamworth discovery day pretty please! i'd love to come and its rare that we get anything like that in our neck of the woods :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I love cristal ocean and so do my clients. I love the fact that you apply it super thin, I think this makes it less painful when removing the strip, and my clients regularly comment that my waxing hurts less than waxing they have had done elsewhere, so its worth persevering with CO in my opinion.

I do find it very sticky though, it seems to leave a lot of residue behind.

I wonder why I don't find it sticky. Hmmmm! Got me thinking now what it is that I do different.

Its funny how were all different, I find Perron Rgot to be a far superior wax to any of the Salon System ones and I do love it BUT I also find it super sticky no matter how thin I apply it.

I dont think the refreshing gel takes much of the tackiness away from the skin either. Frustrating!

Thanks for all the replies guys. After reading everything I'm thinking my wax hasn't been hot enough, i've been putting on too much wax and too much oil. Really want it to work out with this wax so I'm going to persevere and hope i get better. I'll keep you posted! Thank you! X

Its funny how were all different, I find Perron Rgot to be a far superior wax to any of the Salon System ones and I do love it BUT I also find it super sticky no matter how thin I apply it.

I dont think the refreshing gel takes much of the tackiness away from the skin either. Frustrating!
I always apply some jasmine oil to the area I have waxed and then use a clean strip to pick up any residual wax thats left on the skin before applying the refreshing gel.

Jack

Getting on a bit better with the wax today! Hopefully I'll be up to speed by Thursday when my lady comes in! Thanks for all the help guys! X

Latest posts

Back