Stubborn Client Using Stick On Nails!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdelleNailsIt

Reaction score
Hiya Everyone

I have a client coming to me that used to get acrylics a while ago, and when the nail "popped off" she would use glue and stick it back on....

....then she got a fungal infection in most of her nails, and she stopped getting enhancements....

....she has waited for the infection to clear-up and then she started using glue on nails at home, then decided that she wanted to get acrylics again, so came to me....

...the day before she came to me she RIPPED OFF all of the glue on nails and literally SHREDDED her thumb nail. She said that it didn't hurt, as I was VERY sceptical about puttin an enhancement on it, and she insisted that I put one on it, which I did....

....when she came back for her rebalance she had a nail that had broken, so she glued it back on, and the shredded thumb nail had come off, so she glued on one of her glue on nails!!!

I told her that this isn't the way to do it, she should ring me and I will re-do the one nail, or if she doesn't want to do that she needs to leave it til the rebalance appointment.

She didn't listen to me :irked: , and she did the same again this time!!!! She both glued on her glue on nails to her thumb nail, and she had re-glued on two that she had broken.

You would think that someone that had a fungal infection from doing this in the past would learn their lesson!!!!! :mad:

How do you drum it into this kind of person???

Unfortunately, if you have given her the facts over and over and she still continues to do this (even after a fungal infection!) she's not going to learn. I hope she's signed a disclaimer from you about possible infections if she doesn't follow your professional advice?

I have a client who is similar. If she loses a nail she'll put a stick on one on until her rebalance app instead of contacting me to repair it. It infuriates me and I've told her reasons no to. I kind of wish she WOULD get a fungal infection to make her see my point!!

You know, how about having a little sheet with these things explained, and the client needs to initial all of the points, rendering you not liable for any problems if she doesn't comply?

Maybe that would drive home the point you're trying to make.

I personally can't see myself doing something like that, but I suppose she doesn't take you seriously and maybe thinks that you're telling her all this because you want more money from the fixes...

This is the sort of client you can do without. It doesn't do your reputation any good if she's walking around with nails like that!!!

I would just tell her that if she carries on like this she will leave you with no option but to refuse to do her nails as they just wont be strong enough....this may scare her (although its true) into leaving them alone....if not then do just that and refuse. She may well go on trashing her nails after that but thats not your problem...she obviously wants nice nails so you'd think common sense would kick in and she'd take your advise...you just cant tell some people. xxx

All you can do is try to advise ... if she refuses to listen even after you have yelled at her with a megaphone (joking dont really do this lol) then just say you cant carry on as her tech... she how she reacts... you have a reputation to think of as this is you lively hood hun xx

I would definatley agree with some of the others. Hunny you are too good to put up with ignorant people. You do fantastic work and as
louisa says, you dont need someone walking around with nails like that as you will get a bad reputation.
Simply tell this client if she continues this way you WILL refuse her. You dont need to justify yourself, you have a job to do, your good at it and who is this client to bring you down!!!

I think this sounds disgusting, minging mouldy fungal nails then she slaps some stick on ones on.

if she didn't stop doing it after you gave her advice i would have to refuse aswell. Some clients just think you are there to put some nails on, they pay you and thats it. Wrong! We are here to advise clients on how to look after their nails/extensions and how to prevent fungal infections etc.

Tell her you are a professional and can take her skabby nails to an NSS salon.
Haaaaaaaa... feel better for that.

xxx

I'm jumping on this bandwagon- I have put clients on restriction like this before- its too much stress to pull your hair out over a client that refuses to do her part- you can't do yours if she wont do HERS. :)

Breathe, then go fire her. :)

Hiya Everyone

I have a client coming to me that used to get acrylics a while ago, and when the nail "popped off" she would use glue and stick it back on....

....then she got a fungal infection in most of her nails, and she stopped getting enhancements....

....she has waited for the infection to clear-up and then she started using glue on nails at home, then decided that she wanted to get acrylics again, so came to me....

...the day before she came to me she RIPPED OFF all of the glue on nails and literally SHREDDED her thumb nail. She said that it didn't hurt, as I was VERY sceptical about puttin an enhancement on it, and she insisted that I put one on it, which I did....

....when she came back for her rebalance she had a nail that had broken, so she glued it back on, and the shredded thumb nail had come off, so she glued on one of her glue on nails!!!

I told her that this isn't the way to do it, she should ring me and I will re-do the one nail, or if she doesn't want to do that she needs to leave it til the rebalance appointment.

She didn't listen to me :irked: , and she did the same again this time!!!! She both glued on her glue on nails to her thumb nail, and she had re-glued on two that she had broken.

You would think that someone that had a fungal infection from doing this in the past would learn their lesson!!!!! :mad:

How do you drum it into this kind of person???
With a great big stick lol

Latest posts

Back