Stuck bottom lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lou x

Reaction score
I had a client a couple of days ago, put the gel patches over the lower lashes, the whole time she was twitching.
When I finished one of her lower lashes had crept up and got stuck!!!
She couldn't open her eye!
I had to remove all lashes in that part of the eye and re-do them.

Is there an easier way to do this if it happens again?
Or is it just me this has happened too?

xoxo

There was no need to remove other lashes, all you need is a small amount of remover on lash brush and apply to the lash. make sure you use your tweezer in your left hand to keep the other lashes from touching. after about 1min use a clean brush to swipe the lash free. You will need to cleanse again before applying a new lash to the area.

I sometimes find also that when clients talk to you during treatment their eyes flicker :eek:

I had a client a couple of days ago, put the gel patches over the lower lashes, the whole time she was twitching.
When I finished one of her lower lashes had crept up and got stuck!!!
She couldn't open her eye!
I had to remove all lashes in that part of the eye and re-do them.

Is there an easier way to do this if it happens again?
Or is it just me this has happened too?

xoxo

This occasionally happens like you say due to twitching or oily skin and patch moves. Just try and check every so often i ask my client to open eyes make sure all okay. Also try and elimate so you can see where the lash is stuck and use gel glue remover to slowly remove that one eyelashwhich has caught the bottom, then re apply patch ensuring all lashes are concealed and then re apply a lash again....dont panic sometimes these things happen just stay calm, correct and move on :) xx

There was no need to remove other lashes, all you need is a small amount of remover on lash brush and apply to the lash. make sure you use your tweezer in your left hand to keep the other lashes from touching. after about 1min use a clean brush to swipe the lash free. You will need to cleanse again before applying a new lash to the area.

I sometimes find also that when clients talk to you during treatment their eyes flicker :eek:

Beat me too it ;-)

Also i do a swap with a therapist in my area and we just use tape on lashes rather thanusing our patches....if we talk too much, on occasion, when lashes are applied they also stick to the tape! X

Thanks everybody!
So do I put the remover UNDERNEATH the top lashes? That went through my head but i panicked about getting any in her eye! I went in to total panic mode! :( x

Thanks everybody!
So do I put the remover UNDERNEATH the top lashes? That went through my head but i panicked about getting any in her eye! I went in to total panic mode! :( x

No hun, in one hand have microbrush with remover, other hand separate as you would to add lash - apply remover on the glue that has caught the below lash as you would to remove the lash without anything being stuck, wait a min then brush it to ensure the stuck lash is free. Then cleanse back over the lashes to ensure no remover residue and re apply lash. Then crack on with rest of your application :) x

Thanks everybody!
Hi Lou, did your trainer not go through this with you? x

No hun, in one hand have microbrush with remover, other hand separate as you would to add lash - apply remover on the glue that has caught the below lash as you would to remove the lash without anything being stuck, wait a min then brush it to ensure the stuck lash is free. Then cleanse back over the lashes to ensure no remover residue and re apply lash. Then crack on with rest of your application :) x

Thank you so much! x

Hi Lou, did your trainer not go through this with you? x

Nope not at all! I was so worried I wanted to run out of the clients house and cry!
I'm so glad I managed to get it unstuck (using above method but took about 6-8 lashes off)
My training I took was awful I learnt more going home practicing on friends and being on here & YouTube! x

Nope not at all! I was so worried I wanted to run out of the clients house and cry!
I'm so glad I managed to get it unstuck (using above method but took about 6-8 lashes off)
My training I took was awful I learnt more going home practicing on friends and being on here & YouTube! x

Oh that's bad. were they recommeded to you too?

Awh Hun dont get yourself in a state when this happens!! I have a couple of clients I dread at times because I cannot get them to keep Quiet and they have quite high cheek bones so when they smile or talk my pads constantly move!!

My Trainer taught me the following when you get lashes really stuck to the bottom lashes - slightly with one hand(no tweezers in this hand) pull back clients eye and get down in and see what lashes are stuck. With your 'Y' tweezers hold onto the bottom lash really well with a steady hand. close clients eye and very gently when supporting her upper lash that is stuck ease the bottom lash from the top. I never ever damage an eyelash or even near pull one out this way. Luckily on my course this happened so I got to see my instructor do it and go home and practice on friends!!
Practice and confidence is the key with a steady hand. Just keep calm.

Does this help at all? Might I add that if there was a lot stuck and I was at all worried a lash wud get damaged I would use the remover.

Hope this helps you!!

NB :)

aww don't worry I panicked at first on my first set, but then when I did the second and one lash got stuck i just got a cotton bud put a tiny bit of remover on a rubbed that lash gently and hey presto it came of perfect.

The key is not to panic or get stressed becuase if you do your client will and usually they will end up figeting and trying to open there eye in a panic which could then lead to them pulling a natural lash (happend first time with my friend!) she just opened her eye so fast and wide when I told her to keep them shut!

xxx

I use tape in an x shape over the bottom eyelashes and then a pad over the top, helps to eliminate the chances of them sticking together

Thank you so much everybody!
Nb beauty I THINK I know what you mean! Shame there's not a YouTube video for this!
hopefully I'll not have to put any of these in to practice :)

While I'm taping the lashes maybe I should tape some clients mouths while I'm at it?
Hehe just kidding I love 'em! c

Latest posts

Back