Stuck in a rut

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kikibee

Reaction score
I have worked in my salon for over 12 years! I don’t feel like I want to change salons. But recently I am really struggling to be motivated in my work! I used to be so enthusiastic and every detail mattered, now I just feel like I can’t be bothered and truthfully feel my work has went down hill! Has anyone got any tips to get back to be motivated and to give it my all? I really feel stuck in a rut! Thanks

It can be worrying when you feel like this and want to know why. Sometimes it is a phase that you are going through and no particular reason for it. Or you are maybe over tired or need a holiday to completely get your mojo back.
Everyone feels like it sometime in their working life and you could try and look for a new course to get stuck into. It may not be work related , it could be something pleasurable like Tai chi or art classes.
Unless you want a career change you will need to get your attention to detail back where it should be. Would you be able to get some emotional help and talk things through with a trusted family member, or a very special client that you really know well. Ask them if they have noticed a change in you becasue often other people notice our unhappiness before we do.
Sleep is very important as it can have a bad effect when you don't get enough, are you waking early and staying awake?
I am glad you have put your thoughts into words it is good for you, and I will hope to get your reply soon
RosieR

Thank you so much for you reply! I feel like I just need to give myself a kickstart and get back to loving my job again! Thanks again rosieR

I think it is easy to get stuck in a rut when you are self employed. What we find helps, is to take a class, learn something new and meet other colleagues in the industry.

I think it is easy to get stuck in a rut when you are self employed. What we find helps, is to take a class, learn something new and meet other colleagues in the industry.

This!

It's so easy to get worn down, get booked on a training course, something out of your comfort zone, learning always reinvigorises me

Latest posts

Back