Stuck on names!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emilyjadesmith

Reaction score
Hello! I'm starting out on my own mobile business, I'm basically ready to go but I just can't chose on a name :( I want something quite delicate and pretty. I'm doing more beauty therapy instead of the holistic route but I'm still doing bits and bats. Any ideas would be HUGELY appreciated xx

How about EmilyJade designed in some fancy lettering? Did you want 'beauty' in the title or anything?
I've just kept mine simple (as I'm introducing my hairdressing June/July time so shall re name then) x
Mine is Hayley's Mobile Beauty

I don't really know what I want haha I'm stuck I like all sorts of names but nothing that's wowed me xx

I prefer names like Hair by......... Or Beauty by ..............

It sounds classy x

I prefer names like Hair by......... Or Beauty by ..............

It sounds classy x

Personally I disagree. It just makes you sound like many many others. There's no differentation for marketing purposes.

In the town i live i prefer my name as people know who i am. There are loads of other hairdressers/ beauticians on my facebook who are 'glitz n glam' 'sparkle' 'be beautiful' etc and i always forget whos who. Least with your name people dont tend to forget you. I also have my photo on all my leaflets and cards

Everyone's different but I agree, there are so many people who use their name and whilst you want personal recognition I think its important to have a professional business approach with a name that's adaptable with expansion, my initials are in my business name I was just very lucky, but I've had a lot of clients tell me they chose me as the business sounds professional. You want something people can remember. And I'm sorry nails/beauty/hair by so an so just doesn't cut it for me. But that's my opinion.

Ive used my name suzanne scaldwell's beauty for mine as its unique and im the only person with it ive never heard or seen any body in the world with the same name as me

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you for all the advice but I'm still so stuck! I want unique and creative and I know I sound picky but I want it right! I want it so it's unisex and professional and approachable! Xx

I haven't used my name because in the future I want to open my own salon (some day have employees) and I don't think beauty by charlotte would work as a salon name. Mine is beauty spot because I like the play on words. Also when I took into consideration my competitions names, I wanted a name that would come up first alphabetically. So if someone was to google beauty therapists/ salons mine would be the first one.

My advice would be think about your long term goals and what image you want to give to potential customers.
Hope this is of some help

I haven't used my name because in the future I want to open my own salon (some day have employees) and I don't think beauty by charlotte would work as a salon name. Mine is beauty spot because I like the play on words. Also when I took into consideration my competitions names, I wanted a name that would come up first alphabetically. So if someone was to google beauty therapists/ salons mine would be the first one.

My advice would be think about your long term goals and what image you want to give to potential customers.
Hope this is of some help

Google doesn't rank people based on alphabet. Wish they did lol. If they did there would be plenty of people called aaaaaaaaaabbbbbbsolute beauty lol

Aardvark beauty lol.

I used to be my name, followed by 'beauty' but when I moved to premises I gave us a business name. The business has grown and I now employ staff (my daughter) . If I ever want to sell my business (when I am a national chain lol) it also makes it less personal!

Vicki x

If you like the words delicate and pretty, why not use them?
Be Pretty Beauty
Delicate Beauty
xx

One words are more memorable and striking. Mine is Oasis (beauty and massage). I refer to it as oasis with my clients.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back