Student Insurance Nightmare- Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CateCate

Reaction score
Hi there, I wonder if someone could give me some advice. This is going to be a bit of a rant so please bare with me.

I did my 4 days acrylic foundation training with NSI at the beginning of the year. I have not yet qualified and am currently in practising (or trying to) for the final practical exam, but here's my problem. I want to do things properly, honestly, and by the book to build a good reputation for myself hence I need to get insured.

I enquired about BABTAC insurance who said I needed a letter from NSI just to say i'd had adequate training and could practise on people, then I could be covered as a student. So, I contacted NSI about getting a letter however they won't issue me with one and said people normally practise on friends and family! Trouble is, what if you have no one you know to flippin practise on!? And surely that means they assume friends and family wouldn't sue? I know it sounds a bit far fetched and maybe a bit dramatic but it does happen. All my friends and family can't have them for one reason or another so i'm snookered.

Other insurers i've looked at say I need to be supervised to be insured as a student which just isn't possible. There must be hundreds of people in the same situation as me so what on earth do they do?

Eeeee, sorry for the rant, just makes me feel really disheartened when, like i said, all I want to do is become a good nail tech.

Cate :)

While you are still practising, get people to sign a disclaimer before you carry out any work on them.

You could try www.beautyguild.com I think they offer student membership and insurance or salon gold which I have my insurance with or another company called ABT which some of the girls I'm at college with have used. Hope they can help you out.:)

Latest posts

Back