student insurance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georginaleigh

Reaction score
my tutor was saying something about student insurance the other day,
as a girl in my class said she saw another girl who is still studying at college working in a salon.
anyway, my question is; would i be able to get it?
i'm currently doing a city & guilds level 2 diploma in beauty therapy.
how do i get it if i can?
& no-one i know really knows about this sort of thing, but my mum suggested going mobile with it if i can, only locally...obviously only doing things i've been taught how to do so far.
is that possible? or just not a good idea?

Firstly you would only be able to charge the public for treatments that you are qualified in other wise your insurance would be void,
you need to get in touch with
professional beauty
babtac
or the guild of beauty
all of these offer insurance for beauty and nails and will be able to give you more information, they all have a website

so would i have to get my qualification in this level before i could get insurance that wouldn't be void?
& thank you.
i'll look into it.

If you are at college you qualify in subjects as you do your course, so the units that you have passed you are qualified in, these are the treatments that you can charge for,
your tutor should have been able to tell you this and give you information about insurance
good luck with it all hun

my tutor was saying something about student insurance the other day,
as a girl in my class said she saw another girl who is still studying at college working in a salon.
anyway, my question is; would i be able to get it?
i'm currently doing a city & guilds level 2 diploma in beauty therapy.
how do i get it if i can?
& no-one i know really knows about this sort of thing, but my mum suggested going mobile with it if i can, only locally...obviously only doing things i've been taught how to do so far.
is that possible? or just not a good idea?

Hi,

Student Insurance from the Guild stipulates that students require the direct supervision of a full Guild Member when carrying out treatments on any member of the public, ie in a salon.

Students are covered to carry out case studies for the following treatments only: Aromatherapy, Reflexoolgy, Indian Head Massage, Body Massage, Manual Facials, Make-Up, Manicure and Predicure (excluding the cutting of cuticles).

I don't know how far you are through your course, but if you have already passed modules in subjects which are not covered for case studies, for example, waxing, you would need to take out full insurance. With full insurance, you can then practice the treatments you are qualified in, but are still restricted by the case studies above for treatments you have not yet passed.

If you need any further clarification, feel free to either send me a PM, or call 0845 2177 383 and have a chat with one of our membership advisors, who will explain everything you need to know.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back