Student or full insurance needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisakay82

Reaction score
Hi, I qualified up to level 3 diploma in beauty therapy and massage back in 2014. Due to personal reasons I haven't worked in the industry since leaving college. I have a number of holistic treatment courses booked this year and would like to practice on family and friends. Will student insurance be ok or do I get full professional insurance? Also any recommendations on insurance companies would be great thank you x

Personally I would go with full insurance cover because through this year you may well be moving into that direction anyway.
It will not be a great deal extra in terms of cost but having the greater level of cover is never a bad thing in our industry.
One treatment will pay the difference between the two I expect.

I am with the FHT, but many on here are with The Guild, ABT, Towergate. to name a few. I have been with the FHT for over 30 years as self employed, and over 40 years ago I was a student with them. They are particularly holistic based with a smaller number of us that do holistic and beauty services. If that makes sense.
Your level 3 diploma is a great basis for your new career and I don't think you will have any problem getting insurers to recognise your new skills. Your underpinning knowledge is an excellent start.

Hope that's helped you out.

Latest posts

Back