Study help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badkitty

Reaction score
Hi, i have recently just started to study nail technology and have ran into a brick wall with trying to find study materials. I have found most places wont help because im not in a salon. Can anyone help with book, website suggestions? Thanks :confused:

I assume you are on a course?

Well I would hope they provide your either manuals or a reading list??

But searching on this site is helpful (search bar up top)
Also,
Doug schoons nail structure and product chemistry is a must have for any tech at any level...

They did provide manuals and also some video's. I was just after more reading to further my knowledge and help with assignments.

There are a few nail tech books that I found useful while studying, and still do occasionally - complete nail technician is one. Search on amazon and some will come up for you. Libraries usually carry copies although they are often difficult to get hold of.

Sadly there is not a huge amount of correct information out there...

So many of the books I come across are old terminology or wildly off... Even wikipedia can't define correct anatomy for nail techs ...

This site is a wealth of good info. But you will have to search and read the articles. We encourage you to search and read as this aids your learning.

Dougs book is the best resource there is. He is the world leader in science and health and safety for nails

Hths

- complete nail technician is one.

The latest edition of this is brilliant. There is very little to being a working tech that Marion (mum on here) doesn't know

The Complete Nail Technician by MArian Newman

Nail Structure And Product Chemistry by Douglas Schoon

Those two books have ALL the correct technical and practical information you could need.

When it comes to application techniques for making beautiful nails for l&p and gel ... Then I humbly suggest

Nailclass by Gigi Rouse (available from Disinfectants & hygiene products to prevent spread of disease. - mundo professional - for a healthy environment). You can get it from Amazon, but they are always sold out of it.

Last edited:
Oh Geeg. How could I possibly have left this out!!!

Even I have a copy all the way around the world. Great book!!

Well, nailclass won't help the OP study for exams, but it sure will help to learn to do beautiful nails efficiently! Lol.

Thank you all for your help. As you said it is hard to know what is correct and what is not. But all these will give me a good starting point. Thanks again :biggrin:

If I were you I'd get all 3 books mentioned above. They're all fabulous and a nail techs bibles. Hehe:biggrin:
By the way welcome to the site and the wonderful world of nails.:biggrin:

And good on you for realising the importance of studying. Just being able to do the practical steps is not enough. xx

Latest posts

Back