Studying electrolysis question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxed

Reaction score
Hi I have just started my electrolysis course and have a question I'd like to know the answer to, if you could kindly help me.

Am I right in thinking if you had a diabetic client type 2 that was controlled by diet and exercise and with a doctors permission you would use an insulated needle?

I am slightly swaying when you would use an insulated or gold needle

I know that if a client had a nickel allergy or sensitive skin I would use gold is that right ? But I'm not sure about the insulated needle I understand how it works with the current just at the tip ?

If any one could help me with these I would be very grateful.

It's really important to me this course so I want to know that I'm competent with my knowledge of the needles and uses

Many thanks [emoji5]️

I personally would use a good needle, reason being that if they are diabetic then the healing rate of the skin maybe slower also diabetics tend to have lessened sensitivity in their skin so if the intensity was too high and they couldn't feel it then it could cause a contra action using an insulated needle. xx

Hi I have just started my electrolysis course and have a question I'd like to know the answer to, if you could kindly help me.

Am I right in thinking if you had a diabetic client type 2 that was controlled by diet and exercise and with a doctors permission you would use an insulated needle?

I know that if a client had a nickel allergy or sensitive skin I would use gold is that right ? But I'm not sure about the insulated needle I understand how it works with the current just at the tip ?

It's really important to me this course so I want to know that I'm competent with my knowledge of the needles and uses

Many thanks [emoji5]️

I am actually allergic to nickel and one of my fellow bloggers did a post about getting acupuncture with gold plated needles but what would also help is to get a nickel test kit to see if the needles don't have nickel as well because gold sometimes has nickel, but here is the post so you know which needles she used. http://nickelfoodallergy.com/acupuncture-for-stress-eczema/ and here is where you can get a nickel test kit http://nonickel.com/collections/solutions-for-nickel-allergy/products/nickel-alert-nickel-test-kit if the needles aren't the exact ones you require. Hope this helps!

Many thanks [emoji5]️

In theory the type of needle that is used is dependant on the current used. You would not use an insulated needle if using blend for example because as you say the current is supposedly discharged at the tip. However I tend to use Gold for most people and only occasionally insulated. I do not use UK insulated needles as the coating comes off very easily and are a waste of time. So in answer to your question it depends on what mode you are using rather than whether a client is diabetic or not - unless they have a allergy.

Thank you for your replies, I guess the further on I get on the course the more il understand [emoji5]️

Latest posts

Back