Stumped with a client with Gel!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klassy Klaws

Reaction score
I am completely stumped to what to try next!!:cry:
I have this lady who came to me months ago as a nail picker, I applied tips and Gel with no problem apart from she picked them off a few times.

She has a thumb that never grows I find it difficult to re tip she normally keeps it on for a week then comes back to have it done again, she is happy with this.

The problem is with her other fingers they have grown long enough for a NNO which I did last week much to her delight.
All was well until she called me last night to say she had lost 3 and the thumb.She only wanted the thumb re done as she is coming back next week for a rebalance.

Ok I am at a loss to why she cant keep them on she says she isn't picking them, she is using her solar oil I give her a power prep every time I am very careful as I know they always come off.

Any ideas of what I should try she would like to keep them but I am not sure where to go from here.
Please any advice will be very much appreciated :hug:

How are your other clients getting on?
How long does she go between maintenance appointments?
What does she do for a living? Are her hands constantly in water or cleaning detergents, etc.

I have a client that if she breaks a nail, and does a doozy on it (like pulling a couple of layers of natural nail away), then THAT nail and only that nail, will have problems until the damage grows out.

The best I can suggest is double and triple check your prep, double-dehydrate the nail and make sure the nails are completely dry of the dehydrator before commencing with primer/bonder (as the case may be) and etc.

Best of luck
hth's

How are your other clients getting on?

I have one other who has problems she has L&P and works in a laundry. All my other Gel clients hardly ever lose any.

How long does she go between maintenance appointments?

She goes 2 weeks.

What does she do for a living? Are her hands constantly in water or cleaning detergents, etc.

She works in an office and in a Bar but she says she never washes the glasses.

I have a client that if she breaks a nail, and does a doozy on it (like pulling a couple of layers of natural nail away), then THAT nail and only that nail, will have problems until the damage grows out.

The best I can suggest is double and triple check your prep, double-dehydrate the nail and make sure the nails are completely dry of the dehydrator before commencing with primer/bonder (as the case may be) and etc.

Best of luck
hth's

:hug:

Hiya x

In what way are they coming off....do they lift from any particular place and then come off or is she breaking them...? is there gel left on the nail at all when she comes back and if so where...? are there any marks on her nail..?

Ahh but I'm sure she wipes the bar counter a lot.
But really, that shouldn't hurt them.

She's likely very rough on her hands at the bar.

sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Are you sure she's not still picking? Is there any damage to the nail plate? If your other clients are ok this is all I can think of, unless she's unwell or is on certain medications.

Clients do tell porkies. I used to be dreadful!:)

Hiya x

In what way are they coming off....do they lift from any particular place and then come off or is she breaking them...? is there gel left on the nail at all when she comes back and if so where...? are there any marks on her nail..?
By the time she comes back there is no Gel left on the nail.
Looking at the ones she had left on today the worst ones have lifted from one side right to the middle of the nail the other side is fine.

She said one of them just came off in one??
The are some marks on them I think she must have picked off the last of the Gel.
:hug:

More than likely..:lol:

does she bite or pick at her skin...?

More than likely..:lol:

does she bite or pick at her skin...?
No the skin is nice and clean round her fingers no hacks or rag nails the thumb one is pretty bad but it never looks good.

I must admit that even though i dont bite my nails when i have put gels on my self if there is a little lift i cant resist picking it! Maybe she feels guilty and just cant help it , a relative of mine doesnt even know she is doing it, i see her doing it and she tells me they ping off!:eek:

ok...it does sound to me like she is having a pick...but if the edges are all sealed and flush there shouldn't be anything to pick at. Could it be that maybe a small bit of gel may have touched the sides creating a little lifting for her to get at.

I have this one client...who always got lifting at the sides...no-one else got it but her. It drove me mad. There was nothing she was doing to them and i was doing her nails the same as i do everyone else's but still she got lifting. Then at one of her appointments i got real anal with my prep on her...i really pulled her skin back to expose all the sides and i left a larger space around zone 3 and the sides...(looked like she was 1 week of an infill...:lol:)...i covered the nail area i had left clear with normal top gloss so it wasn't noticeable and when she returned 3 weeks later....NO LITFTING...she has been fine since. Sometimes i just think with some clients/nails you have to be more thorough than with others.

HTH x

A client of mine used to work at a bar, and she says that the think that wears the nails the most is handling money. Getting change from the cash register is very hard on the nails. Maybe that's the reason???
Also - what length are they - maybe they should be shorter. I personally doesn't wear my nails very long - I'd love to, but I would break them within a couple of days...

do you lock the gel straight after application? or do you do four fingers then lock if so are her hands at an angle and maybe the gel creeps abit to the side???? also i know its a bit different but when i started out with l+p i wasnt pushing my product on properly to one side and got lifting on one side so are you not working the gel in aswell on one side; getting slight lifting and she does the rest of the removal???
not sure just thought they could be points to consider?!

Can you tell by the shape that the nail plate is in , if she is picking them off or are they actually popping off on their own?

Latest posts

Back