Style Mate printer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tori S

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking at investing in the Style Mate nail printer but wanted to get some feedback first. Does anyone have one and what do they think of it?
Thanks x
20190314_080510.jpeg

These have been around in various forms for about 15 years, I dont know of anyone who has one and at $950 from Aliexpress I genuinely can't see how you'd recoup the costs and make a profit.

At the current $/£ exchange rate thats about £830. If you charged £1 a nail that's 830 nails to recoup purchase price, not including inks, etc.

If you do lots and lots of nail art and it's pulling lots of clients to you as your USP it might be worth it.

If you're known for your hand painted art clients will come for that skill not necessarily printed art.

I think there are other threads about them too

These have been around in various forms for about 15 years, I dont know of anyone who has one and at $950 from Aliexpress I genuinely can't see how you'd recoup the costs and make a profit.

At the current $/£ exchange rate thats about £830. If you charged £1 a nail that's 830 nails to recoup purchase price, not including inks, etc.

If you do lots and lots of nail art and it's pulling lots of clients to you as your USP it might be worth it.

If you're known for your hand painted art clients will come for that skill not necessarily printed art.

I think there are other threads about them too
Thanks Trinity. This one is currently on offer at £110 so was tempted to buy it x

Thanks Trinity. This one is currently on offer at £110 so was tempted to buy it x

You might recoup some at that price for novelty value in the beginning, how many if your clients would have it regularly?

I'm devastated enough when I buy a gel polish colour because I'm convinced loads of my clients will love it and not one chooses it :p

Thanks for your advice xx

Thanks for your advice xx

I was just browsing the official website for the printer, you need system base coat, printable gel coat and top coat, does your initial purchase price include all the basics to start up? What kind of price are the replacement inks?

Printer comes with full start up kit. Haven't looked into maintenance prices x

I was just browsing the official website for the printer, you need system base coat, printable gel coat and top coat, does your initial purchase price include all the basics to start up? What kind of price are the replacement inks?

Ignore me, I did some Googling, O2 are the original supplier that I was looking at, I found the website you are looking at. It's virtually the same, I wonder if its the same company?

Printer comes with full start up kit. Haven't looked into maintenance prices x

£125ish for kit including gels, £25 for a replacement ink cartridge.

Ignore me, I did some Googling, O2 are the original supplier that I was looking at, I found the website you are looking at. It's virtually the same, I wonder if its the same company?
Possibly. It's a massive difference in price. Does that mean they cant sell them?

Possibly. It's a massive difference in price. Does that mean they cant sell them?

Well if O2 hide their prices until you ask directly, and AliExpress are selling them for £800 it seems a bit odd that this other company are knocking them out for just over £100.????

Latest posts

Back