Styling hair quickly...?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiera

Reaction score
Hi :D

I have very long hair with layers and a full fringe

I love my hair when i straighten it - but can't be bothered to do this everyday :p

Wondered if anyone could give me some tips on how to style my hair on a daily basis??

My hair naturally is just frizzy and vaguely wavy :S I've tried non-frizz stuff but it still doesn't look very nice.. i usually resort to putting it up in a bun....

do you blow dry your hair first then straighten it or do you let it dry naturally then straighten it ???

I have remington wet to dry straightners...

so i usually straighten when my hair's dampish... :D

but it does take a while...

I've seen some people who have kind of messy curls, but whenever i've tried that i just get frizz... :S

Last edited:
to get a longer lasting finish once you have used the straighteners, i would blow dry my hair as staright as possible first..then straighten, unless the air is damp your hair should last until your next wash.......
when hair dries naturally...it is in alpha keratin state...unstretched and the shape it dries into cant be changed as in straightening naturally dried hair...the affect wont stay....as long
when hair is blow dried ie stretched into a new shape it becomes beta keratin state.....ie the shape has set so when you the run the straighteners through the style will last longer...iykwim.
my hair naturally is wavy / frizzy and when it was longer by blow dryning then straightenin it lasted longer.
a good product to apply to wet hair before blow drying is tigi catwalk fashionista smooth and shine its also offers protection from heat and irons
hth

Wow thanks :D It all sounds very technical :p

I'll try that..

So if you put your hair into any shape when it's wet will it dry that way? Is that how curlers and things work...?

maybe i'll try those curlers that you leave in over night...

A really good way of getting messy curls is to put mousse into it whilst it is damp (after your moisturiser) and to screw it up in about 5 sections( these sections do not have to be neat, just bits you have scrunched up), pin these into place and leave until dry (preferably whilst you are getting ready - you may wish to spray a light mis of hairspray too) Once your hair is dry take the pins down, and work a small amount of anti-frizz serum through any frizz parts. You could then leave your hair down or for a casual funky style that is easy to dress up you can loosley pin it into a side bun, say just behind your right ear. To dress this up you can add a flower to the center of the bun or even some small crystal pins. If any peices fall down you can create extra texture by curling them individualy with an iron or tong x

Then when you go to bed at night add some plaits ino your hair (some loose some tight) and the next day you will have a different texture.

Hope this has given you some ideas xxxx

ooh i will definitely try that :D

So you literally just scrunch your hair up and clip it to your head?

Yep, use a getle mousse though so you dont end up with crispy hair, also doing lots of different plaits in your hair when it has just dried works brilliantly. try not to use your wet to straight irons too much hun as when i was taught, i was told that these can actually cause the moisture in your hair to boil which although creating steam can damage your hair. I am not sure how factual this is so just be careful and make sure you use a good quality protectant x

yeah... i have quite fine hair too so i try really hard not to use them too much.. hence the searching for other styles :p

Do you know much about curling hair with straighteners too...?

I'm not sure how it works..

Curling hair with straighteners is quick easy and sooo effective, I use the corioliss PX1 with the floating plates, they kind of bend as you move your hair through, stopping snagging.
Basically this is how you do it.
Always use some Hot iron defence or serum
Take your hair section, clamp straighteners at top and pull down as you would normally but twist your irons round and round whilst moving them down, then release at the end of your hair...Result OMG GLAM
Good Luck
xx

Thanks for all this - i don't know what to try first :p

My hair is fine but wavy so I know exactly where you're coming from.

If I want to go with straight I just dry it anyway at all with the hairdryer and then use a GHD hair straightener. I don't need to use any product and it stays straight - it is not weather resistant tho.

I recently got great layers cut into my hair so it's easier to style it curly. I either just let it dry naturally with some hair serum to stop it going frizzy or I can blow dry it and use Remington heated rollers and hairspray. This gives really nice big,curls that gradually relax throughout the day to give a really natural look. I usually do this for a night out or a special day in work.

Have a 12 week blow dry. the one I use ia la brasiliana. Keeps hair looking great.

Latest posts

Back