Styling help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_Love_

Reaction score
Hello, I got an undercut and I was hoping I could get some advice on how to style it like this. Anything would help, thank you!
15876105_249901058781212_7475409098586980352_n.jpg

Mine looks more like the second picture in terms of hair texture.
09f0b941a303bc629e5ffefd09c6c517.jpg

Last edited:
When you next get your hair cut make sure the stylist knows your goal as they may want to try and cut more texture into your hair. This will help.

Try blow dry primers and maybe even a mousse to apply when the hair is damp and blow dry forward then back forward and back and lift the hair up to try and build in some root lift. Scrunch your hair up a bit and maybe pull some pieces out and apply a light gel or hairspray. It’s quite a free textured style so there isn’t really a “set” way of achieving this style just don’t flatten your hair or comb it dead straight etc when drying it as you will then end up fighting with your hair to get the volume and movement once it’s dry.

Another thing to note is in the photo you have posted the hair has been lightened. First of all the colouring would have actually helped with this style as it will swell the hair slightly but also It has root coming through which is giving a nice contrast. Obviously you don’t need to have your hair coloured to achieve the styling but just something to bare in mind when trying to replicate for yourself.

Great advice from @james28 something else to consider after drying you hair with mousse, is to add a light mist of salt spray, and either scrunch or twist the hair. If you twist it, do it when it's about 70/80% dry then wait until its dry and run your hands through it lightly.

Last edited:
thank you both, I'll give it a shot :)

Latest posts

Back