Sub Standard Salons

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kerri

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
is it just me, or are there others out there getting a bit peeved :mad: with the amount of 'Indonessian' salons popping up everywhere. They have such bad habits, and to be honest are really pretty scary when it comes to the service they perform. Most of them cannot understand, or are not listening when you explain that they are hurting you or you have a complaint. I have just done a CND course and was trained very differently. Alot of my friends go to these salons, and when i was explaining about how i have been trained, they can't understand :confused: why i take longer and why I prep so much and why i don't use an electric drill. Its like they have been led to believe that the way these salons operate is the norm. Most only pay £20 and it takes about an hour. I think they are giving reputable techs a real bad name too, as alot of them I have heard complain about various things, inc the treatment being too rough, and once they have a bad experience they think every salon must operate that way so they dont bother again. Surely there must be a way to stop these salons from setting up, there must be guidelines to follow surely, or is it just being ingnored!! It makes me so cross.:(

Kerri x

Oh Kerrie, Kerrie,

Nail techs all over the World have been beating their head on a brick wall for many years to improve standards of nail technicians.

In the UK I think things will get better as consumers become more knowledgeable as to what to look for in a salon.

If your friends are going to these places and asking you why do you take so long and charge so much then you need to explain that your priority is to care for the health of the natural nail as without a strong foundation, the nails will not be as good as they could be. Your products cost more as they are better quality than the non standard salons and you have had good training.

It all comes down to education - education of you the nail tech and also education of the client - shoddy cowboy builders get a bad reputation and will not last - but people will always need builders of quality - same goes for hairdressers - if you have a bad hair cut - you don't decide never to have your hair cut again.

Please do not worry about these places as they will not last - quality and education will win the day.

naturalnails said:
Oh Kerrie, Kerrie,

Nail techs all over the World have been beating their head on a brick wall for many years to improve standards of nail technicians.

In the UK I think things will get better as consumers become more knowledgeable as to what to look for in a salon.

If your friends are going to these places and asking you why do you take so long and charge so much then you need to explain that your priority is to care for the health of the natural nail as without a strong foundation, the nails will not be as good as they could be. Your products cost more as they are better quality than the non standard salons and you have had good training.

It all comes down to education - education of you the nail tech and also education of the client - shoddy cowboy builders get a bad reputation and will not last - but people will always need builders of quality - same goes for hairdressers - if you have a bad hair cut - you don't decide never to have your hair cut again.

Please do not worry about these places as they will not last - quality and education will win the day.

Sawasdee ka

This is very very good post in time clients get more educated to what is good and bad the bad salons techs will not get the buisness .

I think about my salon and my education and service and staff service not think about other salons .

Mui from Thailand

mui said:
I think about my salon and my education and service and staff service not think about other salons. Mui from Thailand
I allowed these type of establishments run me out of town in the early 90's (that plus lack of faith, in all honesty). Well no more. I have adopted the attitude as written by Mui. Sometimes I might backslide, but I quickly put myself back on track. It's about taking care of Warm Strokes' clients - not other folk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back