Submit your salon & spa stories for publication in a compilation!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tina.alberino

Reaction score
Hi there SalonGeek community!

My name is Tina Alberino and I've been a lurker for several years. I joined officially last year and fully intended to participate, but can never quite find anything to add to any of the conversations, so I remained a "registered lurker" until now.

I have a blog where I basically give advice to other industry workers (mostly people that have been screwed by bad employers). Over the last year, it's become incredibly popular and I've gotten tons of emails containing truly horrific stories. I was encouraged by my readers to write a book. However, I can't think of anything to write about that anyone would be interested in reading.

But I know for a FACT that lots of industry professionals are interested in reading hilarious, horrifying, and inspiring workplace stories written by other professionals.

So, I'm compiling This Ugly Beauty Business--Volume 1. I have an editor and I'm currently shopping for publishers. In the extremely unlikely event that this doesn't get picked up by a publisher, I'll be publishing it independently on Amazon.

I'm asking for submissions and I couldn't think of a better place to find them than here. Every one of you has a story, I'm sure of it. Whether it be a disastrous incident in school, a loony client, a hilarious misunderstanding, a boss from hell, or an inspiring event that happened during your shift--every one of you has something that has happened that has stuck with you and I want to hear about it.

Email me with any questions you have at all (or just to say hi, I like making new friends! :lol:). If you're going to send me a submission, include a (fully clothed) picture of yourself and a brief bio, as well as any blog or portfolio links that you may have. My email address is [email protected]. I look forward to hearing your stories!

I must admit to being a bit dismayed that people only want to promote the bad side of our Industry, which is after all only a very small percentage of it.
The majority of Salon owners are hardworking and striving to build a good business and create employment, not 'screw people over' as you put it.

Asking for unsubstantiated one sided stories to write a book seems a bit unfair to me, and if anyone posts stories like that on here, it can lead to all sorts of litigation for the site, therefore I am closing the thread.
Anyone that wishes can contact the OP direct by PM or email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back