Substitute for a pedicure chair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KirstieLou

Reaction score
I don't really have the room for a full pedi chair so wondered what chairs you use that are comfy enough for pedicures??

I use my sofas!! They are recliners to work perfect!

I've got the poang chair and footstool from Ikea, its really comfortable for clients but a bit low for me so trying to get a platform for it to make it slightly higher. If you've got a store near you try one, they have a few different ones that would work well also.

I have the IKEA chair too. At first I started off with the matching footstool but found it too low, now I have a specially made platform with steps up and the chair us placed on. It's just the right height for my knees to slightly under the platform.

All clients have the chair was comfy as it has a slight recline to it.

I have the IKEA chair too. At first I started off with the matching footstool but found it too low, now I have a specially made platform with steps up and the chair us placed on. It's just the right height for my knees to slightly under the platform.

All clients have the chair was comfy as it has a slight recline to it.

Would it be possible for you to put ups pic as this sounds perfect.x

Would it be possible for you to put ups pic as this sounds perfect.x

I'm not in the salon today, but I have a picture on my computer from when it was being painted. You can get the idea, so I will post that when I get home. x

Here it is...

Like I said, it was part painted so the legs are still bare, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• 20130411_092216.jpg
    20130411_092216.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 1,715
Here it is...

Like I said, it was part painted so the legs are still bare, but you get the idea.

Wow what a great idea to raise the chair . I've got a dodgy disc in my bag and pedis do me in, this is great ! An idea to bookmark ready for when I have my own space .

Thanks xx

It's so much easier because the feet are just there, in front of you and easy to reach and see. No toes pointing up and having to bend them over to paint (as I know some clients do) they are just flat on the platform.

All clients think it's fascinating and really like the comfort of not having to yank their leg up round their neck for a paint job lol

Plus my back really appreciates it ;) x

Fab idea but what do u do for the larger, heavier ladies? Also will your insurance cover that??? Not knocking it because its a great way to do it, just a thought because I sit on the floor or do it in the treatment couch but the back does ache by mid summer!! X

Hi Claire

as one of the 'larger, heavier' Ladies I have to say your set up would terrify me. If I didn't see your chair when I made the appointment I would probably arrive and immediately have a panic attack, make a strange and bizarre excuse and disappear as fast as I could. I probably wouldn't admit the real reason I was letting you down and I'd be too embarrassed to ever come back as well!

I do completely sympathise with regard to your back and it's great that your Clients are happy but just thought I'd confirm what Lucie said and give you some feedback from the far end of the scales :)

Sunshine xx

Hi Claire

as one of the 'larger, heavier' Ladies I have to say your set up would terrify me. If I didn't see your chair when I made the appointment I would probably arrive and immediately have a panic attack, make a strange and bizarre excuse and disappear as fast as I could. I probably wouldn't admit the real reason I was letting you down and I'd be too embarrassed to ever come back as well!

I do completely sympathise with regard to your back and it's great that your Clients are happy but just thought I'd confirm what Lucie said and give you some feedback from the far end of the scales :)

Sunshine xx

Hope my description of a larger lady didn't come across rude! But u see what I was thinking! And elderly clients too?? X

Here it is..

THANKS FOR SHARING

Great idea, where are the steps from, they look well made.?

I hate doing pedicures as it kills my back, this would solve the problem though.x

Thanks everyone for your opinions. So far no one has complained nor made an excuse to get out of the salon.

My insurance has covered it. Its very stable, all made from solid wood by a joiner friend.

As a larger lady myself from a larger family, it was discussed how we would feel about it. I also talked to my clients and got their feedback too before it was made.

I have some larger ladies too that love it and instantly hop on so no problems there. Also my elderly clients dont mind it either, I only do one on the floor as she is in a wheelchair bit she would love to get up there too.

So overall feedback from clients is brilliant. They love it.

I love it!!! X

I wish I had the room in my home salon for something like this! I don't do a lot of pedis as they hurt my poor back.

I'm also a heavy lady and would probably panic about getting on one of these, although as long as it felt sturdy enough not to wobble as I stepped on it I would be pretty comfortable. I wonder if my clients would feel comfortable hopping up onto a chair stuck to my wall with "No More Nails" to save my back? ;)

Xxx

I want it. Very very tempting!!!!

Here it is...

It's been the best suggestion so far......anyone else got any other ideas to save all our backs?

It's been the best suggestion so far......anyone else got any other ideas to save all our backs?

Massages at the end of every day for ourselves lol!

I have a garden chair which folds up, so it goes in the corner of the room when not in use. I used to sit on a low fishing chair, but since my dodgy disc problem in my back, I now sit on the office chair which I lower right down to do pedis.

If I have everything ready to hand before I start the pedi then I don't have to get up and down which saves my back a lot. Would like to hear an alternative to the garden chair though for the client as it's a bit naff, but it has to be able to fold up.

Latest posts

Back