Success with living social?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moushax37

Reaction score
I know all the bad things about living social, groupon, etc... but does anyone have anything good to say about them? Any success?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

Hi, I had great success running a Living Social offer when I opened my salon earlier this year - I did two offers, one was for a luxury mani & pedi and the other was for Shellac fingers & toes. I sold just over 80 vouchers and did a 6 month valid to date on them, so still getting the odd couple trickling through now - majority have been redeemed though.

The main thing to remember with them, it's not about you making lots of money, it's about getting people through your door and then retaining their custom.

To help retain them, as well as ensuring they had an amazing treatment (many people complain that when they buy a voucher, they feel they get given a cheapy treatment - this was not the case at my salon) I also gave them a 10% off a next treatment voucher, so that got them back for a second time. By that time, most were loving us, do automatically re-booking!!! Haha!

In my personal experience, I'd go with Living Social over any of the others, especially in terms of their payback to you and customer care (to you as you are their customer) Good luck, xx

I'm about ready to run my living social deal next week. I debated for months, but I finally gave in. I decided to do 2 shellac manis for $30 which includes one free removal. I figured this will at least get them in the door 2 times and give them the opportunity to keep coming back!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back