Successful self-employed but should I work in a salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
I need your advice, bit of a long one. I've run my beauty business successfully for five years and am always busy. The prices are good for my customers and they work for me as well. I work from home and I find my hours work perfect before me and my family. However an opportunity has become available at a local salon. The only reasons I'm really considering the move is the person who runs a salon is absolutely fabulous at her work and if she could train me to be as good as her I'll be very happy. Also it can get quite lonely at home I'm always here I live and work here. It would also be nice to have my dining room back as well lol being a small business I can't afford such luxury facial and body machines but the local salon may be able to and it will be nice to have more diversity with my work. But I know I'm going to take a cut in pay. It is self employed though. What would you do you think it is worth it?

I think you should go for it, particularly if the lady who runs it is, like you say, a good therapist, you can always go back to working from home if it doesn't work out. How do you know she's willing to train you though? Would she allow you to sit in and watch her performing the treatments?

I would love the opportunity to work within a Salon, but due to only offering a handful of treatments at the moment I know they'd never have me. Think about it, the Salon owner/manager would surely want someone competent in ALL treatments.

I love the hustle and bustle of a Salon environment and of course the biggest pro of all is chatting to fellow therapists and exchanging tips!

With all your current customers and all the new ones at the salon surley you could make up your pay cut? It sounds good I think, after working on my own I loved being back in a salon and as was said above if you don't like it you could just go back to doing it at home :)

Latest posts

Back