Sued over eyebrow wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that. It always helps to know how you stand.

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've been following this. I don't really have much to add but could you let us know the outcome? I'd be interested to know if it was even taken on by a solicitor.
People are so horrible, they just think of what they can gain, no thought for the therapist and what it could do to her. There are a lot of sensitive people in this industry, myself included, something like that could really send someone over the edge. I hope it all work out for her. Xxx

Just to let you know guys it has been sorted. They did take it through insurance. The guy at the insurance told the manager you would be surprised how many people sue over this when it's nothing bad. but not sure what had been done but both sides are ok now.
The beautician was soo upset and was close to leaving her job but the manager had a long chat and cheered her up as she feels bad as she put the manager through this situation.

If someone removed my skin through waxing I'd sue too!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I would piss myself if somebody sued you! Then you will know how horrible it is.

One good thing has come out of this. You have an excellent manager!

One good thing has come out of this. You have an excellent manager!

She is fantastic! I don't work for her as she does the beauty side. And i work on hair dude. but she's been very supportive and extremely professional as if it were me I would tell them to jog on. X

Hello 😊 I'm new to joining this forum but have only just literally waxed my sisters eyebrows this evening and she has got 2 tiny blisters where the skin has come off! 😱 I'm mortified as she's on a hen do tomorrow, I've waxed them for her twice before with no problems other than redness (she's very fair) so I decided to look up and see of others have had the same issue... I'm glad I'm not the only one!! I've been waxing for almost 10 years and unfortunately have had this happen to me on several occasions. Once also where a client came back to the salon and threatened to sue me. Although she never actually took any action it's a horrible thing to go through and as a professional makes you doubt yourself. I really have no clue as to why this happens. I always test the temperature of my wax on my inner wrist to make sure it's not too hot, always carry out a consultation to check for contra indications. Unfortunately I have just put it down to being "one of those things" that happen for no apparent reason. I feel for anyone that has ever been in this situation before as it's not nice! Hope all goes ok!! 😊

Hello 😊 I'm new to joining this forum but have only just literally waxed my sisters eyebrows this evening and she has got 2 tiny blisters where the skin has come off! 😱 I'm mortified as she's on a hen do tomorrow, I've waxed them for her twice before with no problems other than redness (she's very fair) so I decided to look up and see of others have had the same issue... I'm glad I'm not the only one!! I've been waxing for almost 10 years and unfortunately have had this happen to me on several occasions. Once also where a client came back to the salon and threatened to sue me. Although she never actually took any action it's a horrible thing to go through and as a professional makes you doubt yourself. I really have no clue as to why this happens. I always test the temperature of my wax on my inner wrist to make sure it's not too hot, always carry out a consultation to check for contra indications. Unfortunately I have just put it down to being "one of those things" that happen for no apparent reason. I feel for anyone that has ever been in this situation before as it's not nice! Hope all goes ok!! 😊

So sorry to hear that luv! I wish I could give you advice and help. But I'm sure these lovely lady's will help you!
Hope ur ok

Stewie

It's not 'one of those things'. I've never had it happen to me but then I know how to prevent it lol.
It's called grazing. Removing part of the skin is an awful experience got client and therapist. Would you want bruising/bleeding/soreness on your face after a beauty treatment?

If using regular strip wax then I always apply a small amount of talc powder first, to create a barrier between the skin and the wax. (After sanitising the area)
When using hot wax then a pre wax oil is preferred. (Such as on intimate areas)
Then just make sure you stretch the skin. When you think your done stretching, stretch some more.
Only use the amount of strip wax needed - a thin layer, no need to apply it excessively.
And don't wax over the eye lid, just pluck.
Stick to this and it won't happen again ;)

Laura xx

If using regular strip wax then I always apply a small amount of talc powder first, to create a barrier between the skin and the wax. (After sanitising the area)
When using hot wax then a pre wax oil is preferred. (Such as on intimate areas)
Then just make sure you stretch the skin. When you think your done stretching, stretch some more.
Only use the amount of strip wax needed - a thin layer, no need to apply it excessively.
And don't wax over the eye lid, just pluck.
Stick to this and it won't happen again ;)

Laura xx
Well I do all of this and it's happened to me.

Sent from the catphone

Thanks Laura , I also do all of that, applying talc, very thin layer of wax and stretching a lot. And it still happened. It was just underneath her browline so nowhere near the eyelid. 😖 x

It IS just one of those things. It can happen to anybody. You can take all the care in the world and it can STILL happen. Barely any mention has been made of vitamin A either. If a client is on high levels of typical vitamin A or is taking a skin medication such as roaccutane the skin around the eyes is a lot more susceptible to tearing or grazing. Using non srip wax can help some clients but often you have you resort to threading or plucking.

Vicki x

Last edited:
I can't believe how everyone is accepting it so easily. If be so upset if it happened to me. That's why refuse to let it happen to one of my clients.

Laura xx

I can't believe how everyone is accepting it so easily. If be so upset if it happened to me. That's why refuse to let it happen to one of my clients.

Laura xx

How would yoy ensure if doesnt happen to one of your clients?

Laura xx

Good luck with that x

I wouldn't count your chickens too soon! Think how devastated you would be if it happens to you after lecturing so much on here! I think as others have said it is one of those things that can happen! Just like nipping too much when doing cuticle work during a manicure! It happens. It's not the end of the world!

It's happened to me before when I had the HD brows, it was a bit sore, it scabbed for like 2 days, it healed, it was fine, done with. Largely forgotten! It really isn't a big thing - Let's not make this something it isn't!

All the consultations in the world will never provide you with 100% sure proof that nothing is going to happen that day. Sometimes a change of diet/fluid intake can make a persons skin very thin. People can develop an intolerance to things overnight.

My heart goes out to the poor therapist as it can happen to anyone. God! If I sued overtime I'd had a dodgy colour or haircut.

When my dog was a puppy and I took him to be microchipped, the vet told me to hold my dog around his neck as he was wriggling. Bang, the vet chipped my hand instead on my dog. We looked at each other and he was mortified. I laughed nervously but put his mind at rest that things happen and at least I'd never get lost. Yes, I was worried about infection but we got the chip out as it was only halfway in and I kept the wound clean until it healed. Oh…….and I paid him (never occurred to me not to).

If damage is done to a client through being careless or untrained than they deserve to get told, but come on……….it can happen to us all and we should support each other.

Its because of people being so petty that we have to patch test for just about everything now before EVERY treatment it makes me steamy mad.
Yet you can have someones dog rip someone's face to bits and nothing happens.

All the consultations in the world will never provide you with 100% sure proof that nothing is going to happen that day. Sometimes a change of diet/fluid intake can make a persons skin very thin. People can develop an intolerance to things overnight.

My heart goes out to the poor therapist as it can happen to anyone. God! If I sued overtime I'd had a dodgy colour or haircut.

When my dog was a puppy and I took him to be microchipped, the vet told me to hold my dog around his neck as he was wriggling. Bang, the vet chipped my hand instead on my dog. We looked at each other and he was mortified. I laughed nervously but put his mind at rest that things happen and at least I'd never get lost. Yes, I was worried about infection but we got the chip out as it was only halfway in and I kept the wound clean until it healed. Oh…….and I paid him (never occurred to me not to).

If damage is done to a client through being careless or untrained than they deserve to get told, but come on……….it can happen to us all and we should support each other.

Omg Kim! I laughed and was shocked at the same time reading that story. I would have paid without hesitation too. I remember when the dentist drilled my face when he took the drill out of my mouth and wasn't concentrating and dragged it up my face. I have a faint line still and it was years ago but it was just one of those things.

It happened to me at
College I did it once but haven't ever done it again but I would never say never as you don't know you try prevent it but you cant always x

Latest posts

Back