Sugar Bear Hair/Biotin driving me insane

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitaBread

Reaction score
I just recently began work at a salon. All the girls have been telling their clients to grow hair to take the biotin or sugar bears. In my chair, girls ask me about them and I say it has no scientific basis, to eat healthy, use heat protectant, wash hair less often and tools so less split ends, let ends cut in between...

A coworker listening in corrects me and says to use them in confidence. Not out loud. She means no harm. Love her but I don't agree one bit.

Sooo maybe I am wrong? Idk I doubt it. But if so correct me :p

I just recently began work at a salon. All the girls have been telling their clients to grow hair to take the biotin or sugar bears. In my chair, girls ask me about them and I say it has no scientific basis, to eat healthy, use heat protectant, wash hair less often and tools so less split ends, let ends cut in between...

A coworker listening in corrects me and says to use them in confidence. Not out loud. She means no harm. Love her but I don't agree one bit.

It's can promote a healthy start in life to new hairs and the scalp of somones is lacking it in their diet. But otherwise I don't think they do much. Its not like it can mend split ends or fix cuticle damage.

It's can promote a healthy start in life to new hairs and the scalp of somones is lacking it in their diet. But otherwise I don't think they do much. Its not like it can mend split ends or fix cuticle damage.

Agree! I don’t know why so many of the girls here think otherwise.

Hi not been on here for years. Was reading about Biotin and I have to say that I had covid (was jabbed too) last Nov, it nealry killed me and in Feb my hair really started to fall out it is now very thin. I have been taking Biotin for 3 weeks, and my nails and hair are definitely benefiting. I know for sure because my nails are noticeably growing every day I see more white, made a difference and the hair has stopped falling out.

Latest posts

Back