sugaring and questions help please :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Jo

Creative Geek :)
Reaction score
Hi there peeps,
I did 2 sets yesterday and 3 today on my lovely guinea pigs :) Just wanted to ask a couple of questions please .....
Sugaring .... After looking up various threads last night i saw a reply by geeg saying that chrystalisation (which was what i thought i had) was sugaring ... and she was so right ... that is what i had ... and again today ... so i buffed it off this time :) but ... apparently is because too wet a mix? I guess i am trying to hold too much liquid coz too scared of having too dry and then fluffing it completely .... I have got my prepping off to a tee ... really spend a good time making sure its correct, then i do the white, either tips or sculpt (depending on bravery at the time lol) which turns out good .... its the pink that i am failing on ... trying so desperately to not get it on skin or too thick i am obviously too wet then getting sugaring or filing a hole in coz too little ... is it just practice practice practice or can someone give me advice on best way to master correct mix ... please? xx
I am absolutely loving every minute of it but by goodness it feels like hard work lol and i am knacked at end of day ... is there a time when it suddenly becomes second nature? again after much practice i suspect.
At least everyone i have done is thrilled with their nails and are coming back to me :)
Thanks so much for all the advice ... I have spent hours and hours trawling through the threads.
Hugs to all
Joanne xx

Hey Joanne, I was having problems with my pink also, getting air bubbles, sugaring. What I do now is dip my brush in monomer and remove all air bubbles, wipe out liquid on the side of my dish, then holding my brush straight and resting my hand on my white pot I slowly dip my brush in the powder. It has helped me also getting the correct bead size and ratio where as before I always had powder resting on the top of my bead. HTH

David

Thanks David ... I think that where i go wrong as when i see powder on my bead i tend to "add" more monomer therefore getting the ratio completely cocked up lol ...
WOW! who says £25 is too much to pay for a set of nails ... never worked so hard lol and i working for free at the moment anyway :) But I so love it :)

Joanne xx

Latest posts

Back