Sugaring, gloves and blood spots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sugar Momma

Reaction score
I grew up doing sugaring and getting it done because it's part of my heritage. Gloves were never used. Because I'm a licensed cosmetologist and certified in waxing I started using gloves for Brazilians and found it almost impossible. I have no issues at all doing traditional wax for Brazilians with gloves but the sugar wax sticks to the gloves and won't come off. It does not stick to my hands at all and easier to manipulate without gloves. I also make my own sugar wax because that's all I've known how to do. We aren't required to wear gloves for hair even though getting cut is a risk and happens. And state sanitation laws don't require gloves for any salon service, I was just wearing them for doing personal areas. No clue if I need a certain brand of gloves and yes there was a ton of powder used. Also people on another thread mentioned blood spotting...I have never, ever in all my years of sugaring seen it break the skin or blood at all. Any suggestions?

I hate wearing gloves for waxing..get wax all over the place! I tend to use strip sugaring and just quickly wash my cloves in water if they get a bit sticky.
As for blood spotting..yes I've had that happen quite a few times where the terminal hairs are quite deep. (men's backs!)

I do sugaring and waxing. And I have never seen the blood spots with sugaring either. But I do wear gloves with sugaring - as that was what I was taught. The gloves I use are the nitrile medical gloves. And in my training I was told that you want the gloves tight, if they are too loose you can't remove the sugar from the client. The gloves aren't cutting off circulation by any means but they fit like a second skin.

I do sugaring and waxing. And I have never seen the blood spots with sugaring either. But I do wear gloves with sugaring - as that was what I was taught. The gloves I use are the nitrile medical gloves. And in my training I was told that you want the gloves tight, if they are too loose you can't remove the sugar from the client. The gloves aren't cutting off circulation by any means but they fit like a second skin.
Thanks Blair, I will look at our medical supply companies for the gloves. I know I just tried some thick vinyl ones and still had a sticky mess everywhere and could not pull the sugar off. I think I might make a thin sugar wax just for strips even though I don't like using strips. Much faster with a sugar ball.

I grew up doing sugaring and getting it done because it's part of my heritage. Gloves were never used. Because I'm a licensed cosmetologist and certified in waxing I started using gloves for Brazilians and found it almost impossible. I have no issues at all doing traditional wax for Brazilians with gloves but the sugar wax sticks to the gloves and won't come off. It does not stick to my hands at all and easier to manipulate without gloves. I also make my own sugar wax because that's all I've known how to do. We aren't required to wear gloves for hair even though getting cut is a risk and happens. And state sanitation laws don't require gloves for any salon service, I was just wearing them for doing personal areas. No clue if I need a certain brand of gloves and yes there was a ton of powder used. Also people on another thread mentioned blood spotting...I have never, ever in all my years of sugaring seen it break the skin or blood at all. Any suggestions?
Hello! I do my own 'lady areas' with sugaring and use a thick wooden spatula...It is sooooooo much easier than gloves and maintains the sanitary issue, hope this helps? I don't use gloves on other areas though x

I hate wearing gloves for waxing..get wax all over the place! I tend to use strip sugaring and just quickly wash my cloves in water if they get a bit sticky.
As for blood spotting..yes I've had that happen quite a few times where the terminal hairs are quite deep. (men's backs!)
There is a capillary at the base of every hair follicle. Blood spotting happens sometimes but is nothing to worry about, you are doing nothing wrong I promise! Lol

[merged posts]

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back