Sugaring

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heidi14

Reaction score
I qualified as a Sukar Sugar therapist in September and I absolutely love it, my problem is very few people seem to know what it is. I try to talk to everyone I see about but does anyone have any other ideas as to how I can promote it and get it known??

Just promote it as hair removal and then tell them how it's different from wax. Most peeps are just interested in the result on not how you achieve them. xxx

I too am a sukar sugar girl and have always done a little write up on my price list about it, saves all the endless questions/answers.

I have also just added Perron Rigot hot wax and I never thought I would say this but for lip/chin, underarm and bikini it is the dogs b*****ks and all my loyal clients I have tried it on agree.

I've done the write up on my treatment list, just don't know what else to do...

Just promote it as hair removal and then tell them how it's different from wax. Most peeps are just interested in the result on not how you achieve them. xxx

do you think its better to promote the results than the treatments then?

I went for a bikini wax apt, and the technician asked me if I had tried sugaring. She did most of the service with regular wax, then gave me a demo with the sugar, on a small strip at the top of the bikini area. I was sold after the demo, and she explained the difference while doing the service!

As a "customer" I choose sugaring as a hair removal method back in the 90s and loved it, my problem was and still is I can't find many places that do it, so I just use regular waxing my own now but would love to find someone doing it in the neighbourhood.

Last edited:
Another way to get out there is have a memorble logo. I changed my logo etc last March and it is well recognised in Southampton now. Keep it simple too. "less is more" and yes I agree, promoting the results is important. Although sugaring has been around for years and I had it done back in the late 80's back in Southampton, lots of people still ask "Sugaring, what is that" As many people do it in their homes bringing it to a salon I have found worked as there will always be people wanting something different and there are still many who don't have a clue about it and when you get the sugarball out....well that has really made my business grow. Happy sugaring !

I too am a sukar sugar girl and have always done a little write up on my price list about it, saves all the endless questions/answers.

I have also just added Perron Rigot hot wax and I never thought I would say this but for lip/chin, underarm and bikini it is the dogs b*****ks and all my loyal clients I have tried it on agree.

I have a VTCT qualification in Sugaring and I saw the Perron Rigot hot wax at Professional Beauty and thought it was fab but wasn't sure if I would be insured to use on my clients as I am not trained in waxing, only sugaring. Does anyone know if I could use it and if so woud I be covered as it looks great.

Hi
Can anyone tell me which brand of sugar they find best. I have hear that Sukar sugar is meant to be very good - can any practitioner purchase it?

I use Sukar sugar and love it! Wouldn't use anything else

do you use regular or hard hand paste?:?:

Latest posts

Back