Suggestions for aromatherapy retail and professional products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cali-dude

Reaction score
Heya,

So, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I am currently renovating a space that will be offering facials and massage therapy. I have had success in finding a skincare brand to take on that I'm very happy with, however I can't say the same for massage oil and body product suppliers.

Firstly, I want to stay away from the budget Kaeso and Strictly Professional style products as we are aiming at a mid-market client and the price point and look won't suit our service offerings. Also, I can't take on brands like Espa and similar large spa suppliers that require numerous treatment rooms and huge initial orders. So, kind of looking for something in the middle.

I would like a brand that is not only good for professional use but that has retail elements. The brand must offer candles, reed diffusers, bath oil and possibly a body scrub.

I know a lot of users on here have commented on Eve Taylor, which I agree ticks many of these boxes. However, the product design leaves something to be desired and I've had some of the worst customer service to date from this brand which has really put me off.

Other mid-range brands I've already explored and am not currently considering are Monuskin and Aromaworks.

Lastly, I am not an aromatherapist so will not be looking to make bespoke blends or similar services. I know I could just get oils from a fairly affordable bulk oil supplier, however I want offer retail products for our massage clients.

All suggestions are much appreciated : )

I can’t give any advice here as I crashed and burned trying to retail this type of product. Now I use my remaining stock as freebies to reward clients that make purchases of skincare and they still don’t purchase!

I invested in Natural Spa Factory which is very local to me. I’ve had a chat to my local Independent department store buyer (she’s a client) and she says their packaging isn’t retail friendly and they couldn’t sell their stuff off the shelf. NSF has been very successful with their B2C mailorder and with their Spa accounts. Their products are used by The Newt (NSF recommended me to a local hotel, I didn’t get the gig and NSF nicked my idea and used it to private label for The Newt). I get on well with NSF but they don’t understand ingredients which I find irritating - I respect their marketing savvy and Spa expertise.

Also local to me at Heaven Scent Heaven Scent natural products. I think they’ll tick all your boxes.

Hi @TheDuchess !,

As always, coming to save the day : )

If I'm completely honest, we could be pretty unsuccessful in shifting these types of products. I just felt like our massage clientele (who may be a different demo and not skincare interested at all) may feel a bit left out by not offering something.

Also, finding a good home fragrance supplier helps us with keeping the space smelling fresh. That being said, that could be achieved without taking on a supplier and buying ad hoc.

It's a shame that this hotel partnership didn't come to fruition as we all Bath is such a covetable city and has many visitors. I'm hoping if we get our act together to show enough value and consistency that we could make a similar arrangements with some snazzy hotels around the corner from our premises.

I have to say I would share a similar frustration if you sell formulations but are poorly studied with ingredients and raw materials. Seems like putting the cart in front of the horse. I've been reading/listening a lot more on formulation standards and it really makes me squint when looking at smaller suppliers who may just be flying under the radar of regulation enforcement.

I think a good supplier who could instil some consistency with customer experience (from the hand soap and lotion in the loo, to the fragrances that scent the reception) feels like a detail worth addressing.

I appreciate your recommendation, going to have a peek at this now : ) !

Thinking I may just take a step back from grabbing onto selling home fragrance and body care.

If we pick up some interest on that front, it will be worth exploring. Just so early to say without trading.

I really appreciate your insight on this topic. Looking at the Heaven Scent and it looks promising....the prospect of a private label candle certainly tickles my brain. Going to have a look through their other offerings now.

Latest posts

Back